The student’s behavior and attitude, while at the ashram, should respect ashram culture and enhance the spiritual atmosphere of the ashram. The ashram should not be treated like a social club or resort.
1. Students should maintain an atmosphere encouraging mutual respect, civil and congenial relationships and free from all forms of harassment and violence, where everyone can discuss their differences and exchange ideas openly, honestly and respectfully.
2. Students should use respectful language with each other. Any bullying, negative gossiping, spreading of rumors may result to expulsion from the course.
3. Use of tobacco, alcohol, non-prescription drugs, meat, fish, eggs are NOT allowed while staying at the ashram.
4. Students should not make public displays of affection. Public nudity is forbidden. Celibacy as part of the spiritual discipline is encouraged while staying at the ashram. Modest dress (shoulders, midriff and legs covered) should be maintained at all times including asana classes. Loose cotton clothing is encouraged.
5. Use of electronic gadgets like mobile phones / tablets etc. is limited to free time unless being used for note taking.
6.Use of heavy electrical items like iron, water cooker etc is not allowed in the rooms due to electricity overload problem.
7. Participation in scheduled classes, karma yoga and previously stated activities is mandatory unless participant is unwell.
8..Photography, video, audio recording is not allowed during the classes without prior permission of the course director.