LOWC WAIVER, RELEASE AGREEMENT:
The undersigned (“Participant”), desiring to visit mission sites with The Lake of the Woods Church (“LOWC”), and participate in one or more projects, training programs or other ministry projects at various sites organized by LOWC, enters into this Waiver and Release to induce LOWC to allow the Participant to participate in Mission Trips and Mission Activities. Based on the foregoing, Participant hereby agrees with LOWC as follows:
1. Participant does hereby release and forever discharge LOWC, and its employees, officers, agents, directors, and representatives (“LOWC Related Parties”) from any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action for any
and all injuries, losses, liabilities and/or damages sustained, incurred or suffered by Participant during, as a result of, or in any way related to, the Mission Trip, including, without limitation, those relating to my leaving the United States
of America and visiting foreign countries, including my stay in any foreign country and my trip to and from any foreign country.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY
SPECIFICALLY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES LOWC, AND ALL LOWC RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND/OR DAMAGES SUSTAINED, INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE PARTICIPANT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE NEGLIGENCE (BUT NOT GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT) OF LOWC OR ANY LOWC RELATED PARTIES.
2. Without limiting the release set forth above, Participant acknowledges that he/she understands that LOWC makes arrangements with airlines, hotels, travel agencies and other independent parties to provide Participant with certain services connected with the Mission Trips. These parties are not agents of LOWC, but are independent suppliers over whom LOWC has no control and Participant consents to all such arrangements. LOWC is not responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs or expenses sustained, incurred or suffered by Participant as a result of, arising from, or in any way related to any accident, injury or death, damage, loss or delay of baggage or other property, or delay, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical
or mental, resulting from or in any way related to (1) the act or omission of any such airline, hotel, travel agency or other independent party; (2) mechanical breakdown, government actions, weather or other factors beyond LOWC’s
control; (3) failure of Participant to obtain or receive documents, passports, visas or health certificates valid through the date of re-entry to the United States, when required, in which case LOWC may assess a cancellation charge; (4)
failure of Participant to follow instructions, including, but not limited to, those regarding check-in and check-out times and baggage handling; (5) cancellation or change for any reason in the travel services offered; and (6) medical or health problems or physical disabilities, and any medical treatment or hospitalization, or lack thereof, related thereto.
Participant understands LOWC reserves the right to cancel or alter the Trips at any time at its sole discretion.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES AND FOREVER DISCHARGES LOWC AND ALL LOWC RELATED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, OBLIGATIONS, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, LOSSES, COSTS, OR
EXPENSES INCURRED OR SUFFERED BY THE PARTICIPANT ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM OR AS A RESULT OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH AIRLINES, HOTELS, TRAVEL AGENCIES OR OTHER INDEPENDENT PARTIES WITH WHICH LOWC MAKES TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS.
3. Participant gives LOWC and its representative(s) (including, without limitation, the leader of any such Mission Trip) authority to request and authorize medical and/or hospital treatment for Participant in the event of any injury or sickness sustained by Participant while on any Trip, including, without limitation, while traveling to and from any foreign country, and, if the need arises, to administer medical treatment, life-saving techniques or other first-aid pursuant to the standard medical kit carried on the Trips. Participant agrees to pay for all such treatment.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY SPECIFICALLY RELEASES LOWC, AND ALL LOWC RELATED PARTIES, FROM ANY DUTY OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICE OR TREATMENT, LIFE-SAVING TECHNIQUES, FIRST AID, OR HOSPITAL TREATMENT FOR PARTICIPANT IN THE EVENT OF ANY INJURY OR SICKNESS SUSTAINED BY PARTICIPANT WHILE ON ANY TRIP, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHILE TRAVELING.
4. Participant agrees and believes that the Bible commands Christians to make every effort to live at peace and to resolve disputes with each other in private or within the Christian church (see Matthew 18:15-20; 1 Corinthians 6:1-8). Therefore, Participant agrees and consents that any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Mission Trip Release Form or any Trip in which Participant participates shall be settled by biblically based mediation.
5. This Mission Trip Release Form may be relied upon by LOWC and all LOWC Related Parties until such time as LOWC is notified in writing at its address set forth below that this Mission Trip Release Form is canceled. Any such notice of cancellation shall be effective only with respect to acts or omissions first occurring after the later of (a) the date of LOWC’s receipt of such notice of cancellation, or (b) the date Participant completes and returns from any Mission Trip in which Participant is participating at the time such notice of cancellation is delivered.
I, the Participant named herein, am eighteen (18) years of age or older, or guardian of a minor participating and competent to sign this Mission Trip Release Form. This Mission Trip Release Form is binding on me
and my executor, administrators and heirs. This Mission Trip Release Form shall apply to any and all Trips (present or future) in which Participant participates or will participate, and in the event of any inconsistency or ambiguity between this Mission Trip Release Form and any prior release form signed by Participant, this Mission Trip Release Form shall control.
I AM AWARE THAT TRAVEL TO AND FROM ANY MISSION TRIP SITE LOCATION, HAS INHERENT DANGERS THAT POSE A RISK OF HARM OR INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DISEASE, LACK OF PROPER HEALTHCARE, CRIME, CIVIL UNREST, LACK OF PROPER HEALTH STANDARDS, AND LACK OF AIRPORT SECURITY. I AM AWARE THAT I MAY SUFFER BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE MISSION TRIP. HOWEVER, I VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS AND PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT. I HAVE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THIS DOCUMENT’S
LEGAL SIGNIFICANCE. I HAVE FULLY READ THE ABOVE AND UNDERSTAND IT AND HEREBY CONSENT TO IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY IT.