Call for ARTISTS
Spring/Summer 2020 Warkworth Library
What? Biannual Art Exhibit at the Warkworth Public Library in Warkworth
Submission deadline: Fri., Mar. 20, 2020
Exhibit Duration: Sat., Mar. 28, 2020 – Sat., Sept. 26, 2020
The Warkworth Public Library
The library exhibits above the bookshelves in the main room. Therefore, works are limited to a maximum HEIGHT of 24”. There is no restriction on width. New: weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
1. Ideally, between 12 to 15 artists in painting, photography, mixed media, drawing and textiles will be represented in the exhibit. Each artist would submit a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvas).
2. Space is allotted on a first come basis provided the following criteria have been met.
3. Selection: please submit a digital JPG image of the artworks you would like to display. See below.
4. Work must be original, complete, dry, appropriately framed or gallery wrapped canvases and suitably wired to hang.
5. Size: Maximum HEIGHT 24”. No restriction on width. New: weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
6. Insurance: each painter or photographer is responsible for insuring his/her own work.
7. Commission: if a painting or photograph sells, the painter or photographer agrees to give Spirit of the Hills a 25% commission.
8. Should an artist sell their work during the 6-month period, then the work must be replaced promptly. Replacement would have to be of a similar width as the exhibit could not be rehung to accommodate a replacement. If an artwork sells in the 6 months following the show as a result of the buyer having seen it at the library, a 5% commission to SOTH would be appreciated.
9. All work to be dropped off at the library at 10 a.m. on Sat., Mar. 28, 2020.
10. Artist's Agreement: please read the Agreement between Artist and Spirit of the Hills here, or on the website. In place of a signature, by selecting the "I agree" button below you are indicating that you have read and accept the terms of the Artist's Agreement.
You may submit just a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvases)