Regular Market Season (31 markets) - Saturdays April 4 thru October 31
Holiday Market Season (7 markets) - Saturdays November 7 thru December 19
Regular Season+ Holiday Season (38 Markets) = Full Market Season
(If you are new to River Street Market, you should wait until approved to obtain these - existing vendors need to have by their first day at the market)
Farmers/Producers Only (if applicable to your business)
Vendor Acceptance & Placement are prioritized by a combination of:
Market Fees and Payment Choices are as follows (per 10x10 space):
Market Hours of Operation:
Saturdays Regular Season 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM (April-October)
The market is open RAIN or SHINE, unless unsafe inclement weather prohibits the market from opening. Closings will be posted on the River Street Market Facebook Page.
30 River Street Petersburg, VA 23803 - Old Towne Petersburg
in gravel parking lot adjacent to the Historic Farmers Market Building
1. All products: Must be handmade, homemade or grown in Virginia Region (NC, WV, MD, PA).
2. All vendors must adhere to sanitary procedures as outlined by the Petersburg Health Department.
3. Smoking/Pets: There will be NO smoking or unleashed pets allowed in any vendor stall spaces or on River Street Market premises.
4. Vendor Displays:
5. Simply filling out an application does NOT guarantee you a spot in the market. Applications are evaluated by "non-vendor" Board Members and Market Manager of River Street Market which operates as a fully non-profit organization.
6. UPON APPROVAL each vendor must be willing to obtain proper licensing and tags and all other required documents and equipment as listed in application.
7. Some exceptions can be made with Board approval.
Additional Market Policies and Procedures
Punctuality Policy/Set Up and Take Down:
Set up shall begin no later than 1 hour prior to Market opening and shall conclude 15 mins prior to the opening time of Market.
Vendors are not permitted to set up the night before.
Vendors must vacate the site by 1 hour past closing of Market.
Vendors who arrive later than 1 hour prior to Market opening may not have assigned space and run the risk of being excluded from the Market that day.
Conduct and Violations:
Communications and Notices:
River Street Market 220 North Sycamore Street Petersburg, VA 23803
Taxes, Insurance, Licenses, Permits and special requirements:
Hold Harmless Clause:
By submitting this Application, you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth above.