“Building a Lasting Connection” Refund and Release Policy
Your registration fee for BLC is nonrefundable, but MAY be eligible for a one-time transfer to a future “Building a Lasting Connection” (BLC) OR “Created for Connections” (C4C) workshop conducted by Dr. Dee Adams, within 12 months following your original workshop date under the following conditions.
To qualify for a fee transfer, you must provide notice to Dr. Adams of your intention to transfer prior to the start date of the workshop for which you are registered. Transfer options are:
A. FREE TRANSFER: In order to qualify for a FREE workshop transfer, both of the following conditions must be met:
1) notice of cancellation and notice of intention to transfer must be received by the facilitator at least 7 days prior to the start date of the workshop for which you are registered, and
2) you must also timely register* to attend a BLC or C4C workshop scheduled to be conducted by Dr. Adams within 12 months of your original workshop date.
B. PAID TRANSFER: If LATE NOTICE of cancellation and intention to transfer is received by the facilitator within 7 days of your workshop, you may qualify for a paid transfer if both of the following conditions are met:
1) a $100 transfer fee is paid, and
2) you must also timely register* to attend a BLC or C4C workshop conducted by Dr. Adams within 12 months of your original workshop date.
C. TRANSFER BY PAYING IT FORWARD: If you qualify for either of the fee transfers above and elect not to personally attend a future BLC or C4C workshop, you may also elect to:
1) Give notice to donate your workshop fee as a “scholarship” to be used for any pastor, any person in ministry, or any couple in need, to attend any BLC or C4C workshop conducted by Dr. Adams. No transfer fee is necessary, or
2) Give notice to transfer your workshop fee to a friend, family, or named couple and notify Dr. Adams of the couple’s names. That designated couple must then timely register* and pay any transfer fee, if applicable, to attend a BLC or C4C workshop conducted by Dr. Adams within 12 months of your original workshop date.
D. NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE: If notice of cancellation and intention to transfer is NOT received prior to your original workshop date your workshop fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If the BLC workshop is cancelled by the facilitator due to any unforeseen circumstance (i.e. a hurricane), the BLC workshop date will be rescheduled as soon as possible and you may transfer to that rescheduled workshop, or any future BLC or C4C workshop, conducted by Dr. Adams within the next 12 months of your original workshop date.
All workshops are enrolled on a first come, first serve basis.
*For proper timely registration after transfer, contact Dr. Adams at Dee@brchristiancounseling.com for a special code for either the FREE TRANSFER or a special code for the PAID TRANSFER that includes the $100 transfer fee.
I understand this group program is designed to assist me in understanding my relationship and provides guidelines for enhancing the quality of my relationship. I understand that I am fully and solely responsible for the results and decisions I make regarding my use of the content of this program. I release the facilitator, the program developer and all related institutions and organizations from any and all responsibility or promise and accept full responsibility for any change or decision now or ever made regarding my involvement in this program and use of any related materials. I also understand that this is an educational program, not couple therapy and that the facilitator may not be trained in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) or any other therapy model and is not acting as a professional counselor.
Please Note: The “Building a Lasting Connection” is an educational resource for couples interested in enhancing the quality of their relationship. This program is not intended to be a substitute for individual couple’s therapy with a trained professional therapist. If you, your partner or a family member are experiencing significant relationship distress, serious depression or mental health problems, we urge you to seek professional treatment immediately and consider using this program only with the help of a trained mental health professional.
“Building a Lasting Connection” was developed by Dr. Rebecca Jorgensen and Dr. Debi Gilmore. All rights reserved