(*Division does not include aggregate transport or tankers, please see their division)
1. The Safety Contest will cover the calendar year 2020.
2. All members with plants located in the state of Texas are eligible to participate. Participants will be judged as independent operating units not by company. This may be as a single plant or may be several plants using a floating truck fleet. Participants cannot use the same information to enter as a single plant and as a floating truck fleet.
3. Each participating unit must submit the total hours worked for all plant employees, total number of recordable injuries and total number of reportable accidents* involving ready mixed concrete trucks. Total hours worked shall include all hourly and salaried plant and office personnel at the site or on the property where the plant is located (see Note 1 below). Using these statistics and the formula in number five, calculate your incident rate.
4. Reports are to be submitted annually on forms furnished by the Association.
5. Recognition will be based on Incident Rate.
Incident Rate =
Total Reportable Accidents (*OSHA Standard Recordable Injuries & D.O.T*) x 200,000 ÷ Total work hours
The plant having lowest Incident Rate in its group for the year will be recognized. Where more than one plant within the group has the same Incident Rate, rank will be determined according to the number of hours. No participant will be recognized with an incident ratio higher than 0.75. Any fatality is a disqualifying event.
6. Awards will be made to the unit with the lowest Incident Rate in each of the following groups:
Group 6A Over 90 Trucks
Group 5A 61 to 90 Trucks
Group 4A 31 to 60 Trucks
Group 3A 16 to 30 Trucks
Group 2A 8 to 15 Trucks
Group A 1 to 7 Trucks
7. Awards will be given to the winner and runner-up in each group. All plants with Zero Lost Time will receive a Zero Lost Time Certificate.
Note 1 -ALL companies shall use 50 hours per week for each salaried employee not on an hourly basis. No salaried employee shall be credited with more than 50 hours per week whether or not paid overtime.
2) Injuries treated immediately away from the scene of the accident
3) Vehicle towed away from scene of accident
*OSHA Standard Recordable Injury: Injured employee unable to return to next scheduled duties.