1. The Client shall reimburse Photographer for any additional costs the photographer may incur for travel, parking, and other reasonable costs necessary to the performance of these services. Client must pay 100% of fee before photographer begins photographing the day of the shoot. Preferred payment method is personal check or cash. Bounced checks will incur an additional $45 fee. Any time 15 minutes beyond the chosen package time will be compensated as such: the bride and groom will pay an additional $100/ hour for the extra time and photographs taken.
2. Upon signature, the photographer reserves the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the retainer is non-refundable, if event is cancelled for any reason, including, but not limited to acts of God, fire, extreme weather, break-up, and/or financial hardship. Retainer is to be paid at time of parties signing this contract. Reservation retainer is applied towards the contracted photography package upon completion of this contract. If, for any reason, client changes event date, the retainer can be transferred to new event date if photographer has the date available; otherwise there is no refund for retainer paid.
3. The Client shall assist and cooperate with the Photographer in obtaining the desired photographs, including but not limited to specifying persons and/or scenes to be photographed; taking time to pose for photographs at the Photographer’s direction. The Photographer shall not be responsible for photographs not taken as a result of the Client’s failure to provide reasonable assistance or cooperation.
4. The client understands that the quantity of photographs taken at the event can vary greatly and that engagement photography by nature is an art, subject to the creativity of the photographer and her personal artistic style. The client understands that he/she has chosen the photographer because of her photographic style, and will grant the photographer the right to exercise her creativity in the interest of creating the best images possible. The client understands he/she may not demand a refund, or a redo due to differences in artistic preferences of the final images.
5. In the event of unforeseen medical emergency in which photographer can not photograph the event, photographer will make reasonable effort to arrange for a substitute professional photographer to conduct photography, or reschedule the photo shoot for another day.
6. If the photographer cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to a fire or other casualty, acts of God or nature or terror, or other cause beyond the control of the parties or due to photographer's illness or injury, then the photographer will return all fees to the Client(s) (minus any costs already used i.e. plane tickets) but shall have no further liability with respect to this agreement. In the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, stolen, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer, the photographer agrees to reschedule another session to do a reshoot.
7. The Photographer retains copyright in the photographs, and hereby grants the client unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use or reproduce the photographs for which the client pays.
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the County of Montgomery in the State of Maryland and any applicable Federal law.
I have read and understood the terms above. I hereby agree to the terms of this agreement. If the lines are blank, it's not considered completed. If it's not signed, it's not an agreement.