Basic Project Management
Project Management, Superintendent and Scheduling
1. The Primary Role of a Project Manager is?
A. Risk Management
2. The transitional phase of a project from bidding and estimating to production involves which of the following:
A. Buyout (Sending out subcontracts and material purchase orders.)
B. Verify insurance and bonding
C. Verify quantity take-offs
3. Shop Drawings would most likely be required for which of the following?
A. Pre-construction meetings
4. Which of the following would a daily job report most likely contain?
A. Weather for the day
B. List of subcontractors on the project
C. Material quote
5. Who is RESPONSIBLE for the daily job reports?
A. Project Manager
6. What type of scheduling method uses time, scope / task and logic?
C. Critical Path
7. A purchasing agent is responsible for which of the following?
B. Negotiating contracts with suppliers
8. Which of the following is the most important factor in a successful construction project?
A. Project Buy-out
9. The foreman is responsible for which of the following?
A. Trains new employees
B. Producing change orders
C. Meeting minutes
10. The three components of the Management Pyramid are doing, managing and leading.
11. The three responses to Risk Management are avoidance, mitigation and coffee
12. A Superintendent is responsible for project buy-out.
13. A line of credit should be established before it is needed.
14. Subcontractors perform most of the work and generate most of the profit on a project.
What are the three parts of the project management triangle? When one of the three is changed it will have a reaction on one or both of the others.
Should be Empty: