The use of a Harrison Central School District device is a privilege extended to students for use inside and outside the school facility. The District’s devices are provided for use as a tool for curriculum enhancement, communications, and productivity.
All devices are and remain the property of the Harrison Central School District and are provided to the students for a period of time as deemed appropriate by the building administration and the student’s teacher(s). With this privilege comes responsibility and as a condition of use, students and parents must sign this contract and consent form, and agree to and comply with all of the following:
• I have read and agree to abide by the Harrison Central School District Acceptable Use Policy. All rules outlined in the AUP apply to District technology, including devices, on and off campus.
• I agree that I will use the device primarily for school-related purposes.
• Upon return of the device, all personal data will be erased.
• I agree to prevent the risk of theft by never leaving my device in an unsupervised area such as the cafeteria, computer lab, locker room, library, unlocked classroom, restrooms, hallways, etc.
• I will report problems with my device in a timely manner to the building administration.
• I understand that I may not lend the device to anyone, including family members and friends.
• I agree to return the device with all equipment intact including the power cord.
• I understand that the Harrison Central School District is not responsible for providing Internet access outside of school. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to monitor student device use, especially Internet access, in the home or during off-hours away from the school building.
• I understand that I am responsible for the appropriateness of all files, data and Internet history on my assigned device. I understand that the device is subject to inspection and review to ensure that the device is being used appropriately. I understand and do not expect that files stored on said device will be private as this is District-owned equipment.
• I assume full responsibility for the costs of repairs and/or replacement if it is damaged, lost or stolen.