1. Parent/guardian pays $0 for a leased device.
2. Parent/guardian is provided a working device with a charger. A working device and working charger must be returned at the end of the school year.
3. If you do transfer out of NLA, you must return the Chromebook immediately.
4. Leased Chromebooks must be used for school purposes only. The device is not be used for entertainment purposes (Nextflix, Pandora, YouTube etc.).
5. Students using the device will only be able to login with their North Lakes Academy email address.
6. Students are responsible for any content accessed while in possession of the device.
7. All the terms of the existing NLA student tech use agreement remain in place regardless of whether the device is used on campus or off.
8. If the Chromebook is damaged, lost, or stolen while at home, in school or in transport, the family is responsible for the cost of the replacement or parts & and labor as required.
9. At the end of the school closure, Chromebooks are returned to North Lakes Academy to be inventoried.
10. Failure to return leased Chromebooks will result in contact with Forest Lake Police Department.
11. The student and parent/guardian agree to follow and accept the Student and Employee Technology Policy (#501)
12. Price for replacement is $275 for a Chromebook; $35 for AC adapter cord.
13. All NLA Chromebooks host GoGuardian, a software system that monitors, manages, and filters any device on NLA's network. Any student searches of inappropriate content, violence, or safety and health concerns will be filtered to an administrator. User responsibility is still the best way to avoid pitfalls in the online world.
14. Parents/Guardians agree to:
Ensure your student understands appropriate care of Chromebook in all locations. Review responsible digital citizenship with your student. Support student learning and the exploration of personal interests that align with school policies. Ensure that any damage or loss is reported to school immediately. Report vandalism or theft to the appropriate police department.