We Work with Behavior Cases
C9C is a professional pet company. We do provide some "lower maintenace" care, but the majority of the pets we serve hire us because they need PROFESSIONAL care. You do not need pet experience to be successful in this job, but you will need to commit to skills training and demonstrate some level of passion for developing proficent pet handling skills to work with C9C.
This means you will be expected to learn how to and be comfortable staying alert, professional, and independently implementing professional reasoning with pets in all kinds of health and behavioral needs:
- We serve dogs with bite histories who have, can, and will bite unskilled/uneducated handlers.
- We serve dogs who are going to pull HARD and lunge on the leash and could injure unskilled/uneducated handlers.
- We serve cats that may need intrusive medications, such as insulin shots or inhalers, that may not be receptive to taking these mediations and require skilled, careful, fear-free restraint.
- We serve pets that will be scared of new people and not let you touch/leash them, requiring handlers to be patient and skilled to complete care tasks.
- We utilize standardized systems for careful documentation of pet care needs, requiring handlers to be able to independently review and implement detailed care histories and instructions before seeing a pet.
- Handlers must be able to adhere to behavior plans and protocols exactly as written for their safety and for the well-being of the pets they care for.
- We work independently and do not meet every single pet for shadow visits before caring for them, requiring proficency in our systems.
...and more. This is not "just a dog walk" or "just a pet sitting" as we are a professional pet company. You will be provided with training, but it is imperative any applicants understand the scope of what our handlers do.