Consent, Release and Indemnity
To: NSW Board of Jewish Education (hereafter called ‘BJE’)
In consideration of BJE facilitating the 2020 BJE 2020 BJE online Jewish Journey learning and its related activities run by BJE (Activities), we, the undersigned [CU1] Parents/Guardians of the Participant:
1. Acknowledge that participation in the Activities is voluntary.
2. Permit the Participant to participate in the Activities.
3. Acknowledge that the Activities are online activities, and acknowledge the existence of inherent risks in such activity, and confirm that we are voluntarily taking on and assuming those risks;
4. Agree that we and the Participant will abide by all the rules and instructions given by or on behalf of BJE from time to time in relation to the Activities (‘Rules’) - including but not limited to those specified above;
5. Release and forever discharge, to the extent permitted by law, each of BJE and its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, representatives, agents and the associated parties (each a "Released Party") from any and all causes of action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands and liabilities in any way directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with the Participant's participation in, or expulsion from, the Activities (including those arising out loss of or damage to property (including data) or involving financial or any consequential loss), whether or not arising out of or by reason of the negligence, action or inaction or otherwise of any Released Party ("Claims"), together with any costs fees and expenses (including legal fees) that may be incurred as a result of any such Claim.
6. Indemnify each Released Party from and against any claim or claims suffered or incurred or brought or made against the Released Party by the Participant or by any other person as a result of the Participant’s participation in the Activities and/or failure to comply with the Rules, together with any costs, fees and expenses (including legal fees on an indemnity basis) that may be incurred as a result of any such Claim.
7. Agree that if the Participant breaches or does not abide by any of the Rules, the Participant may be asked to leave the relevant activity, which they will immediately do, and we agree to reimburse and indemnify each Released Party for all costs, loss or damage arising from any such breach or failure to abide by the Rules;
8. Acknowledge that we voluntarily entered into this Release and Disclaimer and have read and understood all of its terms and agree to be bound by all such terms; and
9. Agree that this Release and Disclaimer will be binding on us and our executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns.
This Release & Disclaimer is provided for the benefit of each Released Party and any indemnity is provided for the benefit of each Released Party.