You are applying for the role of:
(multi-drop delivery driver)
at (please select):
You have indicated that you do not have category B entitlement to drive. This is a requirement for the role. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer you a position without this driving entitlement type.
If you intend on using your own vehicle, the vehicle must meet the following criteria:
Additionally, the following vehicle insurances are required:
We partner with many major vehicle rental companies who will provide a suitable vehicle at a weekly competitive price including the correct haulage insurance for the carriage of goods.
C&W Transport will pay any upfront costs for the rental vehicle on your behalf providing the rental company is a C&W Transport partner. The rental of the vehicle will be deducted from your pay as you earn.
Please note: The vehicle rental contract will be between supplier and driver, not with C&W Transport.
This form (or its general format using another medium e.g. on a website) may be used to provide explicit consent to the processing of personal data under the provisions of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It should be used in conjunction with an appropriate privacy notice.
This form asks for your consent to allow us to use your personal data for the reasons stated below. You should only sign it if you want to give us your consent.
Who are we?
The name of the organization asking you for consent to use your information is:
C&W Transport Ltd and Accurate background check.
We would like to use the following information about you:
Why would we like to use your information?
To apply for a Criminal Background check trough “Accurate” and complete an initial and periodic check of your driving licence (DVLA check, UK licence holders).
What will we do with your information?
Keep it on our safe data base for 6 years and one day with no access.
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw the consent you are giving on this form at any time. You can do this by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document lays out our internal policy and procedures for payments and expenses for contractors providing services to C&W Transport. The policy explains when and how payments will be made. These procedures are specific to C&W Transport.
This policy covers:
• When C&W Transport Contractors receive payments • How C&W Transport Contractors receive payments • Your responsibilities in paying tax and national insurance • What to do if there is a problem • Overtime Hours • Bonuses and Incentives • Alternative Work Schedules • Timekeeping Responsibilities
Who does this policy apply to?
All Contractors providing services to C&W Transport.
1. Earnings are paid weekly, 3 weeks in arrears on each Friday. Payment can be made at any time during the day and receiving your payment may depend on your bank processing times. First payment may be made in week 2 for training payments only,
2. C&W Transport will make a BACS transfer directly to your designated bank account, details provided by you in writing at the time of sign-up.
3. Self-employed contractors aren’t paid through PAYE, and they don’t have the employment rights and responsibilities of employees. Employment law doesn’t cover self-employed people in most cases because they are their own boss. As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly. Self-employed individuals must pay income tax and national insurance contributions. National Insurance contributions is a tax paid on earnings to build your entitlement to certain state benefits.
4. If you experience any difficulties with payments your immediate point of contact should be your on-site supervisor (POC). If you cannot reach resolution with your on-site supervisor, please contact your area manager.
5. The rate you receive is for the day, the rate or payment is not on an hourly basis. However, if you do take on work above or over your allocation, additional payments may be made, the amount quoted beforehand.
6. Bonuses are paid in-line with key performance indicators provided by the contractor. We collate data and when a bonus is payable, you are notified of how much and when this will be paid. The amount paid is relative to level of performance accomplished. Incentives may be offered at times; details of any ongoing incentive will be communicated to contractors by the on-site supervisor or area manager.
7. Your working schedule is primarily based upon the volume or quantity of routes provided to C&W Transport by the contractor. We do not guarantee availability; however, we do operate fairness policies and do try to meet the needs of individual contractors. For this reason, a non-consistent work schedule may be offered. If you require a specific working schedule, please discuss this with your on-site supervisor.
8. It is imperative that we are punctual to loading times stated. Loading times are announced each day for the following day. However, if in doubt, please consult your on-site supervisor.
It is expected that you not spend more than 10 hours per day on the road delivering packages (excluding break times). If during your route you think you will not be able to deliver all packages within this period, we expect you to let the Point of Contact know immediately. You can take breaks at your discretion, but we expect you to take a break of at least 30 minutes during your route. We expect you to be off duty for at least one 24-hour period in each 7-day period. If you are accidentally scheduled to deliver packages for more than 6 consecutive days let the Point of Contact know immediately so we can address the mistake.
All Couriers wishing to provide services must be medically fit enough to undertake the role as a multi-drop delivery driver. The core role involves a significant amount of driving and the safe manual handling, manipulation, sorting and delivery of large numbers of consignments.
Please confirm your fitness to provide services listed below by ticking each section and then signing and dating the bottom of the form.
During the course of your work/time at C&W Transport (“us”), you will be invited to visit our cleints' premises, where you may receive information relating to us and our clients that is not known to the general public and is confidential and important to us. We call this our “Confidential Information”.
Our Confidential Information includes, among other things,
• The way that we work • The layout of our premises • The technology that we use including computers and machinery • That goods that we stock and the way that they are stored • The people we work and interact with • The people and companies who deliver to us and collect from us • Any details about our customers, including their names, addresses and what they buy • Anything to do with finance • Anything to do with advertising or marketing plans • Anything that you hear
Our Confidential Information is very important to our business. It is vital to us that it does not become known to other companies. We will take all legal steps necessary to protect our Confidential Information.
You must agree to the following commitments;
1. You will not disclose our Confidential Information to anyone or any company.
2. You will use our Confidential Information only to make up your mind about working with us.
3. You will notify us immediately if you discover that our Confidential Information has been disclosed, however it happens.
4. All our Confidential Information will remain our property.
5. You will not trade stocks or shares based on our Confidential Information.
6. You will return any materials containing our Confidential Information to us if we ask you to.
7. You also agree that you will not disclose information to us that is confidential to you or anyone else.
This is a legal agreement.
If a provision of this agreement is held invalid under any applicable law, such invalidity will not affect any other provision of this agreementthat can be given effect without the invalid provision. Further, all terms and conditions of this agreement will be deemed enforceable to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, and, when necessary, the court is requested to reform any and all terms or conditions to give them such effect.
We are relying upon your promise to comply strictly with this agreement. Any violation of this agreement may cause substantial and irreparable harm to us or our clients. Accordingly, without limiting any other available remedies, this agreement is specifically enforceable by us and our clients.
Any failure by us or our clients to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this agreement.
Please read the following carefully and sign and the end to confirm that you understand and agree This policy applies to all employees and anyone working at or visiting Amazon’s sites.
Amazon reserves the right to search you and/or any of your property on its premises (this includes Amazon’s car parks) and you agree that Amazon may search you/and or your property:
• at any time, if Amazon honestly and reasonably believes or suspects that you may be in possession of, have destroyed, tampered with, concealed or handled stolen goods or has evidence of any theft or attempted theft; or • if it reasonably believes or suspects that you may have drugs and or alcohol and/or other inappropriate items in the workplace; or • as part of its random searching policy; or • when you enter or leave Amazon’s premises.
Issued badges must be worn and displayed at all times onsite.
Failure to comply with this may result in restricting your access to Amazon building.
It is important to C&W Transport that the subcontractors we use, operate compliantly and truly understand all the benefits of being self-employed, such as generating additional income through the governments Flat Rate VAT Scheme, which is why we recommend you engage Securitax LTD to help with your tax affairs.
You should read the following statements and only proceed if you agree.
• I understand this is NOT a role of employment. • I understand I will NOT receive Holiday Pay, Sickness Pay, Employment Rights or a Payslip. • I understand I will NOT be treated under worker status and will NOT be entitled to worker rights.
If you do not understand the above, you must not proceed with this application and seek independent legal advice.
As a self-employed subcontractor there are certain legal requirements that you are responsible for. As part of our payment service we use a third-party payment provider, Securitax LTD, who can assist with your taxation responsibilities. Securitax can assist with all of the following:
• Raising invoices • Assisting with weekly payments • Registration with HMRC for Self-Assessment • Processing of yearly tax returns on time • Assisting with payment of tax to HMRC • Registration with HMRC for VAT • Preparation of quarterly VAT Returns • Assisting with payment of VAT to HMRC
Please provide details for your designated account to receieve payments. You can skip this section if you do not wish to provide these details now.
Please note: Payments will be made directly to your account via bank transfer each Friday according to the payment schedule. Your bank processing time may vary when funds clear.
Please carefully review the Health & Safety information below:
Fire and Evacuations
Fire alarm ringing continuously:
• Calmly evacuate the building following the fire exit signs • Do not stop to collect your personal belongings • Report to the assembly point that was indicated during your site tour • Answer your name when requested • Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so • Do not smoke while you are outside • Fire Alarms are tested every week - Local signage informs you of the exact time(s) • First Aiders are on site - The names of Fire Marshalls and First Aiders are available at reception
Security and PPE
Safety footwear and a high visibility vests and key chains are mandatory in the Delivery Station during all activities. Drivers always wear yellow. If you lose or forget your badge you will not be able to access the delivery station. You must make sure your badge is on show. Each person on site wears a different colour hi-vis to represent a different role;
• Drivers wear yellow • Yard Marshalls wear orange • Delivery station operational teams wears yellow and blue • Point of contacts wear orange (with company logo on back)
• Always wear safety footwear and high visibility clothing (Yellow for Drivers); • Keep within the designated speed limit (10mph most commonly); • Follow the footpaths and use zebra crossings where available; • Look for eye contact with other drivers so they know that you are there; • When on site keep your hazard lights on; • Only smoke in designated areas; • Inform Yard Marshall/Security/your Manager of any breaches in the rules.
Your safety and the safety of the person receiving a parcel and members of the public are our main priority. Always drive in a safe, responsible and considerate manner, within the speed limits as required by law. Always wear a seatbelt in a moving vehicle. When you park your vehicle consider: is it safe? Are you causing an obstruction to other motorists or a nuisance to pedestrians? Never leave your keys in the ignition when you leave the vehicle. Never go out on the road in a vehicle you suspect is not in a roadworthy condition. It is your responsibility to perform routine vehicle checks and report any issues to the Delivery Station Point of Contact. Report traffic accidents you are involved in while delivering packages immediately to your Delivery Station Point of Contact.
Driving Route and Hours
RELEASE DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
In connection with your application for services and potential engagement with (the "Company"), Accurate Back ground has been engaged to conduct background screening on the Company's behalf.
By submitting your information and signing you knowingly and voluntarily consent to the background checking process. You acknowledge
that you have been notified by the Company about the process, including what information may be collected about you, the purposes for which the information collected may be used, the fact that third parties may have access to that information, the fact that such information may be transferred outside of your country to countries that may have different laws protecting personally identifiable data, and the process by which you may access the data collected for the purpose of correction or deletion of erroneous data.
Such screening services may include, but are not limited to, criminal and civil records checking, education, qualification and employment history verification, and professional license verification. The nature and scope of the screening will be determined by the Company and might not include all possible checks. All screening will be conducted within the limits of applicable laws.
Accurate Background and any agents acting on its behalf will conduct the background checking process described above. Information collected about you during the background check process by Accurate Background and any agents acting on its behalf will be provided to the Company and will not be used for a purpose other than as determined by the Company. Accurate Background may also need to disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties such as governmental agencies, educational institutions, previous employers and research partners in order to verify the information you have provided.
Accurate Background adheres to the principles and complies with the requirements of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Commission. For
more information about Accurate Background's data protection and privacy policies, please visit the website at www.accuratebackground.com
By submitting your information and signing, you hereby authorize Accurate Background, and any agents, to verify information related to your criminal and civil records, education, qualification and employment history verification, and professional license verification. All screening will be conducted to the extent applicable law allows. You understand that Accurate Background, and any agents, will undertake reasonable steps to protect, secure and keep confidential the information about you that is collected and you understand, and
agree, that it will be disclosed to the Company or its affiliates for purposes determined by the Company. You understand and agree that as part of this process your personally identifiable information, including sensitive data, may be transferred outside of the country in which it was collected, including to a country that may have different laws protecting personally identifiable data. You expressly agree to the transfer of your personally identifiable information from the country in which it was collected to: Accurate Background, the agents acting on its behalf, and the Company and its affiliates, wherever located.
The Disclosure and Barring Service will refer the details provided on this application form to government and law enforcement bodies in
accordance with any relevant legislation. The details provided to these bodies will be used for identifying possible matches to records held by
them. Where such a match is established, data may be released to the DBS for inclusion on any certificate issued. The details provided on
this form may be used to update the records held by the bodies specified above. The details provided on the application form may be
used to verify your identity for authentication purposes. The DBS may use any information provided by the DBS on a certificate or otherwise
held by the DBS to inform any of its barring decisions made under its powers within the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found at www.gov.uk.
I confirm that I understand that it is a requirement of the DBS (formerly CRB)'s Code of Practice that all Registered Bodies must treat Disclosure applicants who have a criminal record fairly and do not discriminate because of a conviction or other information revealed. It also obliges Registered Bodies to have a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders; a copy of which can be given to Disclosure applicants at the outset of the recruitment process. I confirm that I have been made aware and have been given copies or have access to the DISCLOSURE SERVICES Policy on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, Equal Opportunities Policies, and the DBS (formerly CRB) Code of Practice April 2009 at the outset of my recruitment. I confirm my understanding that my Disclosure information is only used for the specific purpose for which it was requested and for which my full consent has been given. I confirm that the information that I have provided in support of this application is complete and true and understand that knowingly to make a false statement for this purpose is a criminal offence.
This post is not exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. We only ask applicants to disclose convictions which are not yet spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If you are unsure whether your conviction is ‘spent’, or whether you may need to disclose
it when applying to a specific job, please contact the Nacro Advice Service on 0300 123 1999 or email: email@example.com.
In addition to the personal information already collected, please complete the additional information required to successfully submit a DBS request.
7 years address history is required to submit a DBS check. Please provide your previous address if you have resided at your current address for less than 7 years:
Based on your Nationality, right to work documentation is required, please provide either a Visa or Residence Permit. If you have a Home Office application acceptance letter, this can also be accepted.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for drivers who have any endorsements starting with CD, DD, DR, IN or TT.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for drivers who have more than 3 separate offences/endorsements.
Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for drivers who have points totalling more than 6.
Please upload a document that can be used as proof address. Acceptable forms of proof of address include; utility bill, bank statement, bank letter, council issued letter, HMRC letter.
Note: The letter should be visible in full-page format showing all edges, be addressed to you at your current address and be dated within 3 months of today.
After submission, you will be forwarded to our toxicology booking page. Toxicology screening is an essential on-boarding task that should be completed as soon as possible.