If your pet is scheduled for surgery, it is important to follow these steps to ensure a safe, smooth, process:
- Do not give the patient any food or water after 10:00 pm the night before surgery.
- Plan to be present for a pre-surgical check-in with a technician.
- Surgical admittance time is between 8:00 and 8:30 am.
- Notify us of any medication given within 24 hours of surgery.
- Provide your signature on surgical consent forms and contact information.
Expect a phone call from us after the procedure to set up a post-operative consultation appointment as well as patient pick-up time. We will review any specific at-home instructions with you during that time. In the event that your pet is staying with us for the night, we will provide you with regular updates during business hours.