As a response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pacific Safety Center through Keep ‘Em Safe (KES) Program has developed a temporary Virtual Child Passenger Safety Training.
The Virtual Child Passenger Safety Training provides service to low income and refugee families.
The Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Training program is designed to help you learn the basics and fundamentals of Vehicle Occupant Safety to give you the confidence and skills to properly install a car seat.
Virtual CPS training requirements:
- Complete the online CPS training (a link will be sent to each participant).
- Curbside car seat pickup - parent or caregiver will need to bring a photo ID (appointments will be provided after completing the online CPS training).
- Have access to smartphone or tablet with internet access.
- Chat live with one of our certified child passenger safety technicians via Zoom or Facetime to complete the car seat installation -education. The participation of two people to complete the car seat installation will be required one person to install the car seat and the other person to hold a phone or tablet. Individual appointments will be scheduled for 30 minutes per car seat.
During curbside car seat pickup bring the following documents:
- Proper photo identification (such as DMV issued ID, passport or military ID).
- Proof of low-income status (such as paystubs, EBT card, WIC folder or any government assistance documentation).
- Proof of relationship (such as a child’s birth certificate, tax form, case file, etc.)