Whomever brings in minor child must complete this section
Informed Consent for Treatment:
I hereby agree and consent to participate in treatment/testing services provided by my provider. If the patient is under the age of 18 or unable to consent to treatment, I attest that I have legal custody of this individual and am authorized to initiate and consent for treatment and or legally authorized to initiate and consent to treatment on behalf of this individual.
Release of Information to Third Party Payors/Agents & Authorization and Assignment of Benefits Agreement for Payment of Services:
I authorize my provider to disclose portions for the clinical record on the client named below to my insurance company and/or its contracted managed care/utilization review company for the purpose of reimbursement of services rendered at this facility. Such disclosure may include review and release of copies of psychiatric/psychological and/or substance abuse diagnosis, history & physical examinations, intake assessment, treatment plan, progress notes, testing results, discharge summary and any other information or records necessary for the discharge of the legal contractual obligations of the insurance company.
I hereby release my provider and its’ officers, agents, employee and any clinician associated with my case from all liability that may arise as a result of the disclosure of information to the insurance company and/or its contracted managed care/utilization review company.
By signing this release, I acknowledge the following:
1. I am aware that I may revoke this authorization at any time except to the extent that action has been taken in reliance hereon.
2. I agree that this authorization will be valid during the pendency of the claim.
3. I further authorize that payment be made to my provider of service on my behalf.
4. I understand that I am financially responsible for all charges not covered by insurance and/or those stated to be patient responsibility by the third party payor.
5. I understand that any expense that is incurred by my provider associated with collecting the balance on my account, such as collection fees and/or attorney’s fee will be my responsibility to pay.
Medicare Authorization and Assignment of Benefits:
I request that payment of authorized Medicare Benefits be made either to me or on my behalf for any services furnished by or in the office of my provider of service. I authorize any holder of medical or other information about me to release to the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and its agents any information needed to determine these benefits or benefit of related services.
HIPAA Privacy Notice Acknowledgement:
I understand that I have been given an opportunity to read a copy of my provider’s Notice of Privacy Practices. I understand that if I have any questions, that I can direct my question to my provider of service.