THE ANSWERS AND INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY STATED BY ME IN THIS APPLICATION ARE TRUE, AND I ASK DADE LEGAL AID DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROJECT TO RELY ON THEM.I AGREE THAT:
(hereinafter “the client”) request and authorize The Dade Legal Aid of Dade County Bar Association (hereinafter “LA”) to provide me with legal assistance, with respect to:
*I understand that DLA may receive litigation assistance from other attorneys or persons, and I hereby authorize DLA’ attorney to consult with them as needed.
*I understand that I claim to be indigent (not applicable to Domestic Violence victims) and should my financial status improve significantly during the course of DLA’ representation or if my ward’s financial status improves (in the case of Guardianship), I will advise DLA, which will petition for reasonable fees and costs. I understand that during the course of DLA’ representation, it may request, and I shall provide, all financial information, including, but not limited to, real estate owned, pay stubs, and income tax returns. Furthermore, DLA reserves the right to seek attorney’s fees and expenses from the adverse party to the client. DLA may or may not seek fees, at its discretion. Fees are calculated by the lodestar method, which is the number of hours of work performed, times a reasonable hourly method. The rate of your attorney is $300.00 per hour.
COSTS: I understand and agree that I am responsible for all costs of translators, court reporters, and filing fees (if required) in advance, or at the time of service.
NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS: Nothing in this Retainer Agreement says or implies that the client will win his/her case.
ASSISTANCE TO BE PROVIDED: DLA agrees to provide you with the following legal assistance: To fully represent your interests within the guidelines of the Florida Code of Professional Conduct, while keeping your matter confidential, unless you agree otherwise. DLA will not take significant action, such as settling your case or going to trial, without your prior approval.
WITHDRAWAL: DLA may withdraw as my attorney, in the event of irreconcilable differences or inability to contact the client.
THE CLIENT:1. Will not discuss the matter with the opposing party or opposing counsel, without DLA’ prior approval;
2. Agrees to keep all appointments or to cancel, if absolutely necessary, at least 24 hours in advance;
3. Agrees to notify DLA immediately, of any change of address, phone number or financial status;
4. Agrees to be completely truthful in all statements, written or oral, given to DLA;
5. Understands that DLA does not represent clients in appeals and is not responsible for obtaining counsel to do so;
6. Agrees to promptly supply all information requested by the attorney;
7. Understands that the client may terminate DLA’ services at any time, by written notification to the DLA attorney or staff person assigned to the case;
8. Understands that DLA may terminate this agreement by withdrawing from the case at any time, due to a change in the client’s financial status (not applicable to Domestic Violence victims), irreconcilable differences or any other substantial reason, as long as the client’s legal interests are not harmed by the termination;
9. Declares that the information given to DLA on the application for services, and in person to any staff member is true and accurate, and thatDLA may discontinue service if a client gives inaccurate or untruthful information on personal matters, the facts of the case or financial status (not applicable to Domestic Violence victims); and
10. Agrees to pay for all costs of translators, court reporters, subpoenas, process servers, and any other cost necessary in the case.
11. The undersigned hereby understands and acknowledges, that an interview and/orconsultation with a legal aid attorney does not mean that legal aid will representyou in your matter.
I have read and understand the above and sign this document with full understanding and agreement to the above terms.
at Miami-Dade County, Florida.
The undersigned hereby understands and acknowledges, that an interview and/or consultation with a Legal Aid attorney, does not mean that Dade Legal Aid will represent them. If and when Dade Legal Aid does represent them at a future date, the undersigned understands that Dade Legal Aid will only represent them at their Permanent Injunction Hearing and no other court hearings that may arise from the final Permanent Injunction Hearing.______________________________________________________Entiendo y reconozco que esta entrevista preliminaria y/o consulta con un abogado de Dade Legal Aid no indica que Dade Legal Aid me representará en mi audiencia en la corte.Si o cuando Dade Legal Aid me represente, yo entiendo y reconozco que Dade Legal Aid solamente me representará en la audiencia final para obtener una Orden de Restricción Permanente. Dade Legal Aid no me representará en ninguna otra audiencia que ocurra después de la audiencia final.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, persons needing a special accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator, Eileen Coto, 305-579-5733x2240, email@example.com; located at 123 NW First Avenue, Miami, FL 33128 no later than five days prior to the appointment. If hearing impaired you may call our TTY number TTY: 305-579-1001 or the Florida Relay Service telephone number, 1-800-955-8771 for assistance.