Parents or guardians must submit the following documents with their names:
- Proof of Residency - One of the following required:
* recent mortgage payment
* property tax bill
* current lease
* HUD lease or other public housing lease (Section 8)
* HUD settlement statement(closing statement)
- Proof of Occupancy - One of the following required: must be dated within the past 30 days:
* cable/satellite TV bill
* electric bill
* gas bill
* water bill
* home/renter’s insurance
- One valid photo identification from the following list is required:
* driver’s License
* state ID card
* military ID
* other government-issued photo ID
What if do not have any bills in my name?
If parents/guardians cannot produce required residency documents in their own names, they must ask the owner or lessee of the property where the applicant lives to complete and sign a RESIDENCY AFFIDAVITS FORM.
- (Click here to access the online form)
- The following three documents should be attached to the form:
A current mortgage, tax bill, or lease and
A recent utility bill (cable/satellite TV, electric, gas, water, home/renter insurance) within 30 days and
A valid photo identification
What if I live with a friend or relative?
The parent/guardian and owner/renter must complete the Residency Affidavit and both signatures must be notarized. The person with whom you are living must submit Proof of Residency, Proof of Occupancy, and photo identification.
What if my family does not have a permanent residence?
The proof of residency policy does not apply to homeless students and families covered under the McKinney-Vento Act. Contact the Parent Information Center for assistance with registering your child. If you are staying in a shelter, bring a letter from the shelter staff stating that you are living there. The McKinney-Vento Liaison for the Framingham Public Schools will work with you. Please email Rosangela Ferreira at firstname.lastname@example.org