Indemnity - Shaun Parker & Company Workshops
This form must be completed by the parent/guardian of all nominated Participants who have booked for a Shaun Parker & Company program and who are under 18 years of age.
The “Workshop” means any workshop that includes interactive participation, learning and performance, whether held online or in the studio from 1 January to 31 December 2020.
The “Participant” includes persons who book a free Workshop, pay, or are paid for by others to participate in the Workshop.
Participation in the workshop may include a risk of harm to the Participant, their property (including the property of the parent/guardian). The risks may include but are not limited to collisions, bruises, grazes, skeletal and spinal injuries through participation in dance activities, and may also include:
- dancing on an unstable or slippery, unsuitable surface
- dancing in a space less that is smaller than recommended for the workshop
- dancing in an obstructed area
- dancing without “warming up” or “cooling down”.
I hereby declare and warrant that:
- the Participant is medically fit and the Participant and I understand the physical demands of the Workshop;
- there is no medial or health-related reason why the Participant should not participate in the Workshop;
- the Participant and I understand that the Workshop involves the risk of harm, including those as set out above;
- the Participant and I understand that the Workshop involves the possibility of loss of or damage to personal possessions, and that Shaun Parker & Company accepts no liability for any such losses; and
- the Participant and I understand and warrant that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and the sole responsibility for the Participant's personal safety remains with the Participant and I as parent/guardian, including physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in the Workshop.
I hereby agree to indemnify Shaun Parker & Company Ltd for any loss in connection with all and any claim, right or cause of action which the Participant, any third party acting on their behalf, or the Participant's trustee, executors or administrators brings, whether in Australia or in a foreign country, against Shaun Parker & Company Ltd for or arising out of illness or injury to the Participant, damage or loss of any description whatsoever and whether occurring in Australia or in a foreign country, including damages or loss resulting from another person’s negligence or carelessness, which the Participant may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon the Participant’s participation in the Workshop, except insofar as I am unable to do so under statute.
I acknowledge that images/video footage of the Participant may be recorded by Shaun Parker & Company Ltd (and any person or corporation authorised by it) during the Workshop.
I irrevocably authorise Shaun Parker & Company to use, reproduce and distribute those images/video footage, for any publication/distribution by or on behalf of Shaun Parker & Company Ltd, including printed, electronic and video formats, or authorise others to do so in its behalf, without attribution. I agree that the images/video footage may be combined/edited with other images/video footage, text and graphics. I will not make or bring any claim against Shaun Parker & Company relating to any such images/video footage.
I have read and understood the terms and consequences of this Indemnity.
I give permission for the Participant to participate in the workshop.