1. Only the crane operator may apply for registration, in person, for the initial registration. Afterward, annual registration renewals may be done on-line.
2. The crane operator must submit proof of certification from an organization whose certification program for crane operators is recognized by the City of Chicago.
3. The Crane Operator’s Registration Affidavit must be completed and notarized.
4. The Cook County Affidavit of Child Support Obligations form must be completed by the person registering. This form must also be notarized.
5. A Certificate of General Liability is required in the amount of $1,000,000, naming the Cook County Department of Building and Zoning, including the department’s address, as the Certificate Holder.
6. A registration fee of $105.00 must be submitted and made payable by check or money order only to the Cook County Collector.
7. Crane operator’s registrations are not transferable to another operator or person(s
Note: In order to provide adequate protection to the general public, every crane operator, at the time of registration or renewal, shall provide proof of general liability coverage in the amount of $1,000,000, naming the crane operator personally as the insured and the Cook County Department of Building and Zoning, including our address, as the Certificate Holder.
The applicant hereby states on oath that he/she is familiar with all pertinent building codes and zoning ordinances enforced by the jurisdiction having authority over the site where the crane is to be operated and agrees to fully comply with the same. The applicant also acknowledges that it shall be unlawful for any person to operate any crane, within Cook County, without, first, having registered as a crane operator or to employ any person or to permit or direct any person to operate a crane unless such person has registered as a crane operator.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Contractor Registration (312) 603-0512 firstname.lastname@example.org