This site is using the following Virtual VITA/TCE method(s) to prepare your tax return:
BFNC Alternative Virtual VITA Tax Preparation Plan
This plan transitions BFNC’s VITA Site Operations into a virtual model for intake, return preparation and/or quality review in response to recent New York State guidelines related to COVID-19 for all non-essential workforce to function remotely by working from home. This plan is for returning taxpayers who have filed with BFNC VITA Sites in 2018 or 2017 filing seasons.
The Alternative Virtual VITA Model meets IRS Publication 4299 and 4396A Guidelines represented below:
1. The taxpayer emailing and/or file sharing personal identifiable information (social security numbers, Form W-2 and other pertinent tax documents) to a secured 128 bit encrypted email account email@example.com or by uploading to JotForm both created specifically for the BFNC VITA Program.
2. Email and JotForm accounts will be used in order to process intakes, prepare and/or quality review the tax return at another location. In this process, the taxpayer’s tax return information may be sent to another location by secured encrypted email for one or more of the following reasons; interviewing the taxpayer, preparing the tax return, or performing a quality review.
3. All face to face interactions between the taxpayer and BFNC VITA Staff & Volunteers will solely occur via a secure web conferencing platform such as Zoom.
4. In addition to using Intake Form 13614-C, BFNC will implement use of Form 14446, Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent at the point of intake. Forms are emailed to the taxpayer or available to download for completion.
All communication between the taxpayer and BFNC VITA Staff and Volunteers will be conducted by the following methods:
5. Email and File Sharing will be conducted via Barracuda and JotForm File Sharing platforms which maintains–acceptable levels of security with user authentication with password, 128-bit encryption, and audit trail capability. User activities can be monitored for taxpayer document submission, inquires and to obtain a secured copy of a completed return. Email messages will be deleted from the computer and/or server once they are no longer needed.
6. Phone - A VITA Volunteer will contact the taxpayer by phone for a complete intake or quality review.
7. Zoom Video & Web Conferencing - To facilitate a secured video conference session between the taxpayer and BFNC VITA Staff or Volunteers to facilitate intake, preparation and/or quality review.
If further information is required, BFNC will explain the method they will use to contact the taxpayer while preparing or quality reviewing the tax return.