IJCAHPO's Responsibility for Certification and Recertification of Medical Personnel Performing Technical Ophthalmic Services for Ophthalmologists
IJCAHPO is the federated organization of ophthalmological societies and associations which has been charged with certain responsibilities related to the education and utilization of allied health personnel in ophthalmology. To implement these goals, IJCAHPO has established criteria for training, examination, certification, and utilization at various levels of expertise for ophthalmic medical personnel.
Certification by IJCAHPO indicates ONLY that the individual has fulfilled the eligibility requirements and successfully completed an examination for which the individual qualifies. Certification by IJCAHPO does NOT imply, by any criteria, that the individual is qualified as an independent practitioner.
AGREEMENT OF CERTIFICATION AND RECERTIFICATION
As an applicant for certification or recertification from IJCAHPO, I agree to the following:
Numbers 1 and 2 applicable to COA, COT, COMT, OSA, CDOS, and ROUB applicants only
1. I shall perform, to the best of my ability, those technical ophthalmic services specifically delegated to me by a sponsoring ophthalmologist/physician according to his or her directions, instructions, and prescriptions.
2. I shall provide technical ophthalmic services only in the office of my sponsoring ophthalmologist/physician, a medical clinic, or other medical facility.
Number 3 applicable to CCOA applicants only
3. I am currently employed by a corporation that does business within the ophthalmic community and, in my position, I will be interacting with ophthalmic professionals on a continuing basis.
Numbers 4-10 applicable to all applicants
4. I authorize IJCAHPO to communicate any violation of its rules or standards by me, my status of application or certification, and any matter involving me to state and federal authorities, employers, training programs, and others.
5. I agree not to make and to correct immediately any statements concerning my certification status which are or which become untrue or misleading. I agree to provide IJCAHPO confirmation as requested by IJCAHPO.
6. I release IJCAHPO, its officers, directors, agents, employers, committee members, and others for disciplinary action taken in good faith pursuant to the rules, standards, procedures, and sanctions of IJCAHPO.
7. I authorize IJCAHPO in its discretion to request information concerning matters relevant to this application and my certification, recertification, and review of certification.
8. I have received and read the rules, standards, procedures and sanctions of IJCAHPO. I comply with and agree to be bound by them.