Items to Provide:
New to the 2020 Codes, except the Property Maintenance Code of New York State, Section  (or [C105] and [R105] of the Energy Conservation Construction Code) outlines minimum documentation that must be provided as part of a permit application. An overview of Section  is provided in items  through  below. Items  through  should also be included, and are simply pertinent information commonly omitted from design documents. This list is not a comprehensive list; the design professional should take care to include all relevant information into the design documents. The City of Syracuse reserves the right to request additional documentation based on the scope of any given project.
1. When applicable, construction documents shall include, the Statement of Special Inspections, geotechnical reports, and sufficient documentation to show compliance with the Code and all other codes, laws, ordinances, regulations, and more restrictive local standards. [[NY]106.1]; [[NY]106.2]; [[NY]106.2.1] (3), (4), (5)
2. All pertinent documentation to show compliance with the 2020 Energy Code of New York State including (but not limited to) all items mandated by the 2020 Energy Conservation Construction Code of New York State [[NY]C105] or [[NY]R105]. Additionally, when applicable, documentation on the exterior wall envelope including but not limited to flashing, intersections at roof, control joints, parapets, eaves, means of drainage, water resistive membrane including details at openings and penetrations, exterior wall systems, intersections at exterior balconies and elevated walking surfaces. [[NY]106.1]; [[NY]106.2]; [[NY]106.2.1] (3), (4); [[NY]106.2.4]; [[NY]106.2.5]
3. The plans shall include key plans for all floors and shall document all portions of the means of egress including occupant loads (also see item ). These plans must also define the location and limits of the work area(s), and scope for each separate work area. [[NY]106.2]; [[NY]106.2.1] (1), (2); [[NY]106.2.3]
4. The plans shall include a site plan(s) showing all new and existing structures and shall document exit discharge as part of the means of egress system (also see item ). Except when the scope includes anything other than an alteration or repair that does not affect nor include any exterior work, the site plan(s) shall include a copy of the property survey containing fire-separation distances, street grades, finished elevations; and when applicable, floodplain design documentation. [[NY]106.2]; [[NY]106.2.3]; [[NY]106.2.6]; [[NY]184.108.40.206]; [[NY]220.127.116.11]
5. Structural information shall be provided in accordance with  of the 2020 Building Code of New York State, and note that this requirement also exists in the 2020 Existing Building Code of New York State. [[NY]106.2.7]
6. Shop drawings for fire protection systems are required to be submitted and subsequently found acceptable for construction by the building official prior to the start of installation of the system. [[NY]106.2.2].
7. All new structures and additions shall include proof of compliance with the 2020 Fire Code of New York State  and [Appendix D].
8. If subdividing a space (expanding or reducing) plans shall include adequate information to show compliance for the remainder of the adjacent space(s).
9. Show intake and exhaust discharge locations of any mechanical systems.
10. For separated occupancies, document any and all separations between tenants and or occupancies.
11. Include roof covering and interior finish classes.