• Maintain school attendance per School Board Policy 5200, which states that a student may not accumulate more than ten (10) unexcused absences in an annual course or more than five (5) unexcused absences in a semester course.
Violation of the above policy may result in probation and possible exit at the end of the school year.
If a student has not shown sufficient progress or fails to meet requirements during any quarter of the school year as outlined above,the student will be placed on probation as follows:
1. PARENT NOTIFICATION- Parent/Legal Guardian will be notified of insufficient progress or failing to meet requirements.
2. PROBATION CONFERENCE- Students not meeting requirements will meet with parent and assigned school staff as designated by the
principal to assist the student. At this time, the student will be placed on probation.
3. EXIT FROM PROGRAM- If a student fails to meet the above listed criteria by the end of the school year, the student will be exited from the Magnet program.
• Once a student is withdrawn, whether voluntarily or due to failure to meet agreement requirements, he/she cannot be re-enrolled in the Magnet program during the same school year. All withdrawals are final and binding. A student may reapply during the application period for the following school year (excluding Levels III, IV or V Code of Student Conduct Violations).
• All Magnet students must be enrolled as full-time students
*Schools may have additional district approved program specific requirements besides those listed in this agreement. It is the parent’s and student’s responsibility to be informed of any school site specific requirements not outlined above.
We have read the Magnet Enrollment Agreement and understand the requirements for continuing enrollment.