Note: If you cannot complete this application in one sitting, there is a save option at the bottom of the page
How can Rescue Rebuild help?
Greater Good Charities' Rescue Rebuild program is a shelter renovation program that strives to provide pet-friendly housing options for at-risk people requiring either temporary emergency or long-term transitional housing with their furry family members. We travel to selected shelters and spend one to two weeks working to complete general repairs and renovations. These projects are given as a renovation grant, meaning that there is no cost to the shelter. Greater Good Charities will raise funds to cover all of the costs of the project, including supplies, volunteer costs, and our team's travel and lodging costs. Should your shelter be chosen, you may contribute additional funding to the project to extend the budget and allow us to get even more projects completed. Whether you already have a pet program up and running and need expansions or you are ready to give it a go from scratch, we are here to help. DO NOT FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION UNLESS YOU ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE SHELTER. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Below is a list of some of the projects our team can complete, but we can do much more!
• Outdoor Exercise Pens/Play Yards (typically 25’ x 25’ or larger)
• Renovate existing client room to be pet friendly
• Add pet door to existing client room and install pet relief area
• Space for clients to hang out with their pets
• Installation of New Dog Kennels
• Installation of New Cat Kennels/Room
• Concrete Related Projects
• Outdoor Cat Enclosures/ Catios
• Repair Existing Chain Link
• Shed Installation (or other storage solutions)
• Painting (interior or exterior)
• Shade Screen for Outdoor Pens (cloth, metal or wood)
• Coyote Rollers (prevents dogs from fence jumping)
• Dog & Cat Enrichment Items
Fill out the following application, upload your pictures and 990 at the end of the application, and with a little luck our Rescue Rebuild team may be coming to your shelter! If you have any questions regarding your application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are kept for 3 years, so please feel free to apply again after that time period.
Limitations: At this time, an organization must have a physical location owned by the organization. We are unable to build at locations that function as someone's residence or leased property unless there is an official Memorandum of Understanding stating that the organization may use said property for at least the next 10 years.