By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in an immediate termination of the foster contract and the foster animal to be returned.
1. Ownership: I understand that if I am accepted as a foster, I am not the rightful owner of the foster animal(s) and any decisions regarding the care of a foster animal(s) will be made by Pawster Nashville. Any animal fostered by me belongs to its owner, in the care of Pawster Nashville, and I will not adopt it to another home. I agree to send weekly updates to Pawster Nashville staff. When the foster period is over, I will return the animal(s) at the agreed upon time.
2. Standard of Foster Care: I understand that I am responsible for adhering to all Pawster Nashville standards of care and applicable local and state laws dealing with animal welfare. I agree to a premises check upon the request of Pawster Nashville, which can include a visual inspection of the living quarters of all Pawster Nashville foster animals in that environment and testing for transmissible disease.
Any animal(s) fostered by me will be fed, watered and exercised appropriately. I agree to provide an adequate and nutritious diet, including any necessary supplements, as recommended by Pawster Nashville. I also agree to abide by any instructions given by Pawster Nashville regarding the feeding of specific brands or types of supplemental food and/or nutritional supplements to my foster animals. Although Pawster Nashville will make every attempt to furnish food and/or litter for those unable to afford these supplies on their own, I understand that I will be responsible for providing necessary supplies in the event they are not available through Pawster Nashville. Pawster Nashville does not guarantee free food, litter or supplies for my foster animals.
I will not allow any foster dogs or puppies to have unsupervised off-leash time. I will provide a kennel, crate and/or securely fenced yard for their safety. I will not allow foster cats or kittens to go outside at any time except to transport them to and from the shelter or to a veterinarian, if needed. I agree to transport any foster cats, kittens, puppies and small dogs in a sturdy carrier. I agree to transport any foster animal(s) in an enclosed vehicle only, and I will not allow them to ride in the bed of a pickup or a convertible. I agree that animals will not be kept outside unless otherwise discussed and approved by Pawster Nashville.
3. Medical Care: I understand that Pawster Nashville will take every precaution to ensure that any known health problems of animal(s) I foster will be disclosed prior to my taking the animal into my home, but Pawster Nashville cannot be held responsible for any unforeseen health problem that may develop after the animal(s) is/are in my care. I understand that Pawster Nashville cannot and does not make any representations or warranties, either expressed or implied concerning the temperament, habits, health, pedigree, disposition, age, sex or background of this animal and that I have no right to a reimbursement of supplies or costs related to my voluntary care of the animal.
I agree to transport my foster animal(s) or allow them to be transported by Pawster Nashville volunteers for any required vaccinations, de-worming, or other medication prescribed (provided by Pawster Nashville at no cost to me).
I understand that I am not authorized to seek veterinary care for foster animals without approval from a Pawster Nashville representative, except in cases of emergency. In the event of an emergency, I will first call the closest emergency animal hospital, then contact a Pawster Nashville representative for authorization of medical care. If I do not attempt to contact a Pawster Nashville representative, I understand that I may be responsible for the cost of any emergency veterinary fees. If I am unable to reach a Pawster Nashville representative after reasonable attempts to contact them, I understand that I will not be held responsible for the cost of emergency veterinary fees.
4. Separation of Foster Animals from Pets and Children: I understand that foster animals may fight, injure or spread illness to my own pets, and I agree to keep my foster animal(s) separate from my own pets when necessary. I agree that I will keep my own pet up to date on vaccines and de-wormers according to my own veterinarian, while I am fostering any animal(s) for Pawster Nashville. I agree to keep foster pets safe from harm/illness as a result of contact with resident pets. I understand that if I choose to allow my foster animal(s) and my own pet(s) to have access to each other, I do so at my own risk, and I will not hold Pawster Nashville liable for any illness or injury that may occur to my own pet(s). I also agree not to foster animals from any other organization while I am fostering for Pawster Nashville, unless granted specific approval by Pawster Nashville.
I assume responsibility for any events that occur in connection with my fostering of an animal for Pawster Nashville. I understand the possibility of my children or others being bitten, scratched, or contracting disease does exist. I agree to be responsible for my children and anyone else handling any animal(s) fostered by me in a safe and hygienic manner, and will not hold Pawster Nashville responsible for any injuries that may result from my failure to do so. I agree to notify a Pawster Nashville representative immediately of any bites that break the skin that occur to any person or animal while any foster animal is in my care.
Pawster Nashville shall be held harmless from and against any and all claims and damages of every kind, for injury to any person or persons and for damage to or loss of property, arising out of or attributed to, directly or indirectly, the operations or performance of the above named volunteer (foster) under this agreement, including claims and damages arising in whole or part from the negligence of Pawster Nashville. I agree to notify Pawster Nashville of any injuries to pet or human, such as illness, escapes, injuries or any concerns pertaining to my foster as soon as possible.
5. Indemnification: I, as a foster caregiver, hereby release Pawster Nashville, its officers, agents and employees from all claims of injury or damage that a fostered dog/cat/other may cause me or my property. I agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Pawster Nashville, its boards, staff and volunteers, contract veterinarians, agents and employees from any and all claims of liability to other persons for injuries or damage arising out of or in connection with services of this program or caused to them or their property by the animal(s) I am fostering through Pawster Nashville.
If for any reason, I do not comply with all provisions of this agreement, I agree to return the fostered animal to Pawster Nashville upon request of a Pawster Nashville representative.