A. Eligible students are defined as those who are:
1. Entering the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a two, four or five-year program or entering the first year of a graduate- level program.
2. Seriously intent upon a career in the construction industry.
3. Applicant MUST pursue a bachelor’s or master's degree in construction or construction-related engineering.
4. Enrolled full time and carrying 12 undergraduate credit hours or 9 for some graduate programs.
5. A U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States.
6. A New York resident. However, applicants can be pursuing their degree at a college or university outside of New York State.
Note: Graduate students who win a scholarship are not eligible to reapply for a second year, undergraduates may reapply each year. Students may not win more than four times (3 times as an undergraduate and once as a graduate student).
B. A completed application consists of:
1. Fully completed online application.
2. Three evaluation forms: any combination of college faculty or college academic advisors, employers or adults not related to the applicant and preferably in the industry.
3. Official transcript of all college grades received to date. Transcripts downloaded off the web will not be considered official. Students with a GPA below 2.5 will not be considered. (It is expected that the last grades of most applicants will be Fall 2020.)
1. Scholarships will be in the amount of $2,500-$5000 per student per year. All scholarships are contingent upon the student maintaining a GPA of 2.50 and pursuing a major in construction as a full-time student.
2. Applications will be reviewed and winners determined by the Selection Committee of the AGC Scholarship & Student Chapters Committee, which will consider applicants’ interest in the construction industry, grades, extracurricular activities, employment experience and adult evaluations.
3. Finalists will be notified in June 2021.
4. One half of the scholarship will be sent to the student in August. The other half will be awarded in December.
5. Scholarship recipients will be required to submit Spring 2021 semester grades by October 1, 2021. Failure to do so could result in disqualification from the program and repayment of the scholarship money.
1. Applicants will receive e-mail notification from the Chapter office when their scholarship application has been received in full. Questions can go to Brendan Manning at email@example.com or (518) 456-1134.