The Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribes provide assistance to federally recognized American Indian and Alaskan Native Tribal members in the following ways:
Cash assistance to meet essential needs of food,clothing, shelter, and utilities. Additionally, each General Assistance recipient must work with a social services worker to develop a signed and agreed upon Individual Self-Sufficiency Plan (ISP) to meet the goal of employment. The plan must outline specific steps individuals will take to increase their independence. Eligibility will be reviewed on either a three-month or six-month basis, or whenever there is change in status affecting eligibility. Recipients must immediately inform their Social Services Caseworker of such changes. If a client refuses employment or quits a job under the agreement of their ISP, he/she will be sanctioned and made ineligible for services for a minimum of 60 days, not to exceed a period of 90 days.
General Program Requirements:
Individuals must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
1. Be enrolled member of a federally-recognized American Indian/Alaskan Native tribe,
2. Prove their inability to meet the essential need of food, clothing, shelter, and utilities,
3. Reside in an 11 county approved service area (Blaine, Beckham, Canadian, Custer, Dewey, Kingfisher, Roger Mills, Washita, Major, Woodward , or Ellis)
4. Apply concurrently for all the other federal, state, tribal, county,and local programs for which he/ she may be eligible, and
5. Shall not be receiving any comparable assistance.
Items to Copy & Upload (Required)
1. Verification of residence (Rent receipt, and utility bill OR written statement from homeowner)
2. Verification of tribal enrollment (CDIB Tribal membership card)
3. Statement verifying whether or not employment benefits are being received
4 . Verification of any and all income
5. Verification of a submitted/pending application or denial letter to TANF or SSI if eligible
6. Physicians statement verifying inability to work and anticipated amount of time (if claiming temporary disability)