1. I understand that my health care provider wishes me to engage in a telemedicine consultation. I hereby authorize Zephyr Medical Group to use the telehealth practice platform for telecommunication for evaluating, testing and diagnosing my medical condition.
2. My health care provider has explained to me how the video conferencing technology will be used to affect such a consultation will not be the same as a direct patient/health care provider visit due to the fact that I will not be in the same room as my health care provider.
3. I understand there are potential risks to this technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access and technical difficulties. I understand that my health care provider or I can discontinue the telemedicine consult/visit if it is felt that
the videoconferencing connections are not adequate for the situation.
4. I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. I agree that my medical records on telehealth can be kept for further evaluation, analysis and documentation, and in all of these, my information will be kept private. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my health care provider and consulting health care provider in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine examination room: and or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
5. I have had the alternatives to a telemedicine consultation explained to me, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation. I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location at the direction of the consulting health care provider.
6. In an emergent consultation, I understand that the responsibility of the telemedicine consulting specialist is to advise my local practitioner and that the specialist’s responsibility will conclude upon the termination of the video conference
7. I understand that billing will occur from both my practitioner and as a facility fee from the site from which I am presented. I understand that my current insurance may not cover the additional fees of the telehealth practices and I may be responsible for any fee that my insurance company does not cover.
8. I have had a direct conversation with my doctor, during which I had the opportunity to ask questions in regard to this procedure. My questions have been answered and the risks, benefits and any practical alternatives have been discussed with me in a language in which I understand.
9. I understand that technical difficulties may occur before or during the telehealth sessions and my appointment cannot be started or ended as intended. I accept that the professionals can contact interactive sessions with video call; however, I am informed that the sessions can be conducted via regular voice communication if the technical requirements such as internet speed cannot be met.
By signing this form, I certify:
• That I have read or had this form read and/or had this form explained to me
• That I fully understand its contents including the risks and benefits of the procedure(s).
• That I have been given ample opportunity to ask questions and that any questions have been answered to my satisfaction.