Successful orthodontic treatment results from the partnership between the orthodontic staff, patient, and parent. Orthodontic treatment is unique in health care as the time in braces, the fee, and the result depend entirely on the patient’s complete 100% participation.
1. Explain procedures and keep you informed of your stage in treatment.
2. To see our patients as promptly as possible. Note: Situations and emergencies arise and require more time than scheduled. If we run behind schedule – be patient. We will extend the same level of care and attention to you.
3. Progress at every appointment, efficient treatment and optimum results. Which depend on the following:
1. Keep your appointments. Missed appointments extend time in braces and increase your costs.
2. Keep your teeth, dental appliances (braces), and especially gum tissue clean. Poor brushing will result in cavities and gum infections.
3. Avoid hard and sticky foods that break braces. There will be additional charges for repair of braces.
4. Wear elastics (rubber bands) 24/7 unless otherwise directed. Rubber bands are not a part of your treatment…they ARE your treatment.
5. Keep current with payments and volunteer hours.
We will stop treatment because of repeated missed appointments, poor hygiene, multiple broken braces, lack of cooperation, delinquent payments and illegitimate volunteer hours.
I promise to do the following to the best of my ability:
1. Keep my appointments.
2. Keep my teeth, braces, and gum tissue clean.
3. Avoid eating hard and sticky foods that can break my braces.
4. Wear my rubber bands as instructed.
5. Ask questions if I don't understand.
6. Keep current with payments and volunteer hours.