1. Client must pay 50% at booking and 50% on the day of the event, at the photographer’s arrival. Transaction fees will be supported by client.
2. Upon receiving payment, the photographer reserves the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the retainer is non-refundable, if event is cancelled for any reason, including, but not limited to acts of God, fire, extreme weather, break-up, and/or financial hardship. If, for any reason, client changes event date, the retainer can be transferred to new event date if photographer has the date available; otherwise there is no refund for retainer paid.If, due to the Coronavirus Pandemic Lockdown, the client decides to re-schedule the date, the retainer will be transfered to a new date, chosen in accordance with the photographer's availability.
3. A limited number of proof photographs (10 pcs.) will be posted on the Photographer’s Facebook page within the first business week following the event. The rest of the pictures and any other materials will be provided within the next 60 DAYS. These pictures will bear the photographer’s logo and will be downloaded by the Bride and Groom to use in electronic environments (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, any other social media).
4. The Client shall assist and cooperate with the Photographer in obtaining the desired photographs, including but not limited to specifying persons and/or scenes to be photographed; taking time to pose for photographs at the Photographer’s direction. The Photographer shall not be responsible for photographs not taken as a result of the Client’s failure to provide reasonable assistance or cooperation. The client understands that the quantity of photographs taken at the event can vary greatly and that wedding photography by nature is an art, subject to the creativity of the photographer and her personal artistic style. The client understands that he/she has chosen the photographer because of her photographic style, and will grant the photographer the right to exercise her creativity in the interest of creating the best images possible. The client understands he/she may not demand a refund, or a redo due to differences in artistic preferences of the final images.
5. The couple will nominate a person who knows both partner’s families and friends, who will coordinate the family / friends pictures.
6. In the event of an unforeseen medical emergency in which the photographer cannot photograph the event, photographer will assign another professional photographer from within the company to honor the contract, or reschedule the photo shoot for another day (if applicable). If there is no other photographer available within the company, the photographer will make all reasonable effort to find a substitute company of the same caliber.
7. If the photographer cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to a fire or other casualty, acts of God or nature or terror, or other cause beyond the control of the parties or due to photographer's illness or injury, then the photographer will return all fees to the Client(s) (minus any costs already used i.e. plane tickets) but shall have no further liability with respect to this agreement. In the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera malfunction, lost in the mail, stolen, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer, the photographer agrees to reschedule another session to do a reshoot. If that is not possible, the photographer will not be held responsible for the loss of the pictures.
8. The Photographer retains copyright of the photographs, and hereby grants the client unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use or reproduce the photographs for which the client pays.
9. The logo used by Ligia Brubaker will be placed in a discreet fashion. However, this logo shall not be removed from any electronic files that are to be redistributed online. The client has the right to re-post, use the photos in any electronic medium, but if so, credits will be given to Ligia Brubaker and the logo will not be removed.
10. The photographic files given to the client for printing will not contain the logo; however, these files will be used exclusively for printing.
11. Client understands that he / she will receive 150 pictures taken at the event. Additional pictures will be available, professional slideshows may be available as well for purchasing online from the photographer. However, this service is not the object of this contract.
12. In case of an accidental injury suffered by the photographer/s (due to her/their own negligence) during the event, neither the couple nor the guests will be held liable.
13. There will be no third party photographers invited to the event in their professional capacity. If additional photographers are considered necessary by the couple, they will be booked exclusively through Brubaker Photography. Our company offers second and third shooters, per request. In case this condition is not respected, the contract will be deemed null and there will be no refunds of the retainer and payments made up to that point.
14. The couple’s requests regarding the services provided by Brubaker Photography will be communicated directly by the couple to the photographer, even if there is a wedding coordinator or if a third party is making the payment for the service (defined here as a “sponsor”). The wedding coordinator / sponsors is not granted the legal power to intervene in the client-customer relationship or communication established by this contract.
15. Any misunderstandings between the client and photographer will be resolved in an amicable manner. This contract is legally binding and any contract dispute that cannot be resolved in an amicable manner will be handled in the court system where the Photographer lives. If there is a dispute and the Photographer has to bring legal action to enforce the contract, the Client will pay any attorney’s fees and any other incurring expenses. This contract shall be governed by the laws of the County of Yakima in the State of Washington and any applicable Federal law, where the Photographer is currently located.