STAGE DEMONSTRATOR GUIDELINES
We would like to invite you or your group to demonstrate on the New England Center stage. This is a wonderful opportunity to promote your craft and develop interest in your group. Each non-profit group presenting on the stage for a minimum of 30 minutes (excluding question and answer time) will receive a $50 donation, payable by check to the group.
Suggestions on how you can use your stage time to teach others:
• How to get started: supplies needed, first projects to try, where to go next
• History: how and why your craft began and how it contributed to society then and now, or how your craft changed from beginning to now.
• Teach: demonstrate a very simple beginner project from start to finish.
• Show off: put together a “trunk show” of projects completed by your group’s members. Discuss why they chose the project, color selection, pattern, problems encountered, techniques used, etc.
• Charity: many groups participate in charitable projects, such as Quilts of Valor, Project Linus, and other donations for hospitals and other charitable organizations. Explain why your group participates, who it benefits, what you are contributing and how to make it.
• Trending: let people know what is trending now in your craft, including patterns, tools, techniques, resources, etc.
• Friendly competition: Jelly roll race quilts, knit socks, crocheted dishtowel, etc. With commentary provided by a group member.
Demonstrator stage time should be a minimum of 30 minutes, plus questions and answer time. The stage will be reserved for 1 hour for your presentation. If you need additional time, please contact Creative Arts@thebige.com or call 413-205-5015.
Stage times will be scheduled for Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm*. If time is available, groups may sign up for more than one demonstration time. If times are selected back to back, such as 1:00 and 2:00, the demonstrations must be different topics.
*4-H groups also use the stage on select Mondays & Fridays and will be given priority for times*
We will provide up to 6 entrance passes for each 30-minute presentation. Each person receiving an entrance pass MUST participate in the stage presentation. One Lot 1 parking pass will be issued per group for stage presentations. Employee parking lot passes will be provided if requested for other demonstrators.
The Stage is 12 feet deep by 24 feet wide (the width faces the audience) in dimension and is universally accessible. There are 3 microphones available for use. Tables will be supplied if needed. There are 2 changing rooms available. If needed, you must bring any accompanying music. Please bring your music in 2 different formats to ensure success. Suggested formats include iPod, iPhone, MP3 players, laptops or CD with a CD player that has a headphone jack. No additional sound equipment is allowed.