1. new environment and family.
Adopters will allow for a minimum of 30 days adjustment period for the animal to adjust to its
2. family members, receiving proper nourishment, medical care and attention. Continuous outdoor confinement is not acceptable. Animal houses, pens and runs are unacceptable.
Animals will be placed with adults to be kept as companion animals. They are to be accepted as
All male and female adult animals will be neutered or spayed prior to adoption
4. spayed/ neutered. Surgery will be the responsibility of the adoptive family. They must be fixed by 6 months of age and SOS must receive written verification of the procedure from a veterinarian. If the pet is not sterilized before he/she is 6 months old, adopter shall be in direct violation of this contract and same pet may be reclaimed and become the property of Saver of Souls Pet Rescue. All attorney and court fees necessary to litigate the return of said puppy shall be the responsibility of the adopter, and by signing this form adopter consents to the payment of these fees, should legal action be necessitated by adopter’s failure to perform under this contract by getting the puppy spayed/neutered.
Adoption fee for puppies younger than 6 months is $250 with $50 refundable when they are
5. nipping and chewing tendencies of puppies.
We discourage the adoption of puppies to homes with children under the age of 4 because of the
6. day. It is cruel and inhumane to leave puppies home for long periods of time unattended. If you are considering a puppy and are away from home for more than 4 hours at a time, you will need to make arrangements with an Animal walker. Exceptions will be taken into consideration.
We do not place puppies under the age of 6 months old into homes if no one is home during the
7. from liability their loose animal may cause. Animals should never be left unattended in a yard. Chaining is not acceptable. Animals will not be placed in homes where they will be allowed to run at large. Animals must remain leashed at all times while outside, except in a secure, fenced-in area. An invisible fence does not qualify as adequate containment for an animal.
A fenced yard is a requirement for adoption. This protects the Animal from roaming and owners
8. selection of the chosen animal, including parents, relatives, roommates, etc.
Adopters must be at least 18 years of age. ALL adults in the household must agree to the