Welcome to the New England Center at The Big E. The following are a few guidelines to help our demonstrators have a positive experience at The Big E.
1. We will provide water as well as meal tickets to the Moses building for lunch/dinner if you so desire. If there are several demonstrators in a group, please stagger lunches/dinners so your demonstrations are on-going for the public to enjoy. There is no eating during or at your demonstration area.
2. Please plan to arrive prior to the start of your demonstration time to have sufficient time to set up and be ready to begin on your scheduled start time.
3. Parking- We will provide one parking pass for Lot 1 (on grounds) per day. All others members of your group will receive parking passes for the employee parking lots in Agawam and West Springfield. The shuttle will drop you off at Gate 4 which is closest to the New England Center. You may put your items in the back of the van if not too large. Maps will be included in your packet which are available to pick up mid-August. If your group has large items to bring in, please plan to carpool or place them in the vehicle with the lot 1 parking pass.
4. Demonstration times are generally in 4 hour increments. The general starting times are
• 10:00 am
• 2:00 pm
• 6:00 pm
5. Someone should be at your demonstration area the entire 4 hours.
6. Maximum amount of demonstrators in your demonstration area at one time is limited to 4 people. Each participant must work a minimum of a 4 hour shift.
7. Please bring a banner or other sign for your table demonstration area.
8. You may distribute your own business cards or organization brochures and information advertising craft shows, events, fairs, etc. Sales of any type, including products, membership, instruction, etc., are not allowed.
9. Try to provide hands-on experiences for the guests whenever possible.
10. Please acknowledge our visitors. Greet and make eye contact with our guests. By engaging with our guests, they may become interested in what you are doing, and ask questions about it. We want to educate and inspire the public to try creative arts in hope that they will become involved and continue the traditions and try new things and possibly enter, demonstrate or volunteer.
11. If you have a badge, please do not ask any vendors for discounts, especially food vendors. We ask that you support the vendors around the grounds.
12. We have very limited space available to store items. If you leave your things, the Eastern States Exposition is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
13. If anyone has any concerns, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with the Creative Arts Staff.
14. Thank you for being a part of The New England Center and demonstrating your art. You are helping not only the Creative Arts at The Big E, but the entire creative arts community by promoting the creative arts.