Friday, October 1 (4pm - 10pm Saturday, October 2 (10am - 10pm) Sunday, October 3, (12 pm - 8 pm)
THE CITY OF LA MESA REQUIRES THAT ALL OKTOBERFEST VENDORS PAY A CITY BUSINESS LICENSE FEE OF $20. Non-profit license fee is $5 with valid 501c3 paperwork.
SELECT VENDOR TYPEIMPORTANT - To be eligible for Arts and Craft Vendor pricing, at least 75 percent of product must be handmade by the person operating the booth and must be approved by Ed Decker in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Vendor must submit image of all plugs exceding 20amps and other non-standard plugs.
2021 La Mesa Oktoberfest Terms and Conditions
1. Booth location to be determined by McFarlane Promotions, Inc.
2. Check in time begins Friday, October 1 at 12:00 pm and Vendors must be completely set up by 2:00 pm for the Fire Marshall inspection.
3. Vendors are required to be open for all event hours as stated at the top of this application. CLOSING BEFORE THE END OF EVENT OR STAYING OPEN AFTER EVENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION AT FUTURE EVENTS.
4. All Vendors must use booths provided. No other booths / set-ups are allowed without prior approval of McFarlane Promotions.
5. All business and other activity, for which the Vendor has rented space, must be conducted within the designated booth space only! No distribution, canvassing, flyers, nor vending of any kind may be done by strolling through the festival grounds. Vendors are required to conduct business within the perimeter of their 10x10 space. No product, equipment, or activities are permitted outside their footprint. Extra space may be purchased in advanced.
6. Vendors must post prices in a legible manner and in a visible space within their booth.
7. The sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited. Additionally, due to sponsorship and contractual arrangements, only sponsor related water & beverages will be allowed to be sold. Any failure to comply with these beverage rules may result in expulsion from the event.
8. Consumption of alcoholic beverages by Vendor, volunteers or employees of Vendors at their booth is prohibited.
9. Vendors must provide trash receptacles for waste generated by their booth. Improper trash disposal is grounds for exclusion from participation at future events.
10. Vendors are required to obtain and display all necessary permits and / or licenses. McFarlane Promotions and the Gaslamp Quarter Historical Foundation are not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits.
11. Each Vendor will be responsible for all of his / her own merchandise or equipment. McFarlane Promotions, Inc. and the La Mesa Village association will not be liable for any lost, stolen or misplaced merchandise or equipment at the event.
12. POWER: Per City regulations, vendors are not permitted to supply their own power. Power is available for purchase on this application for $190 for 20 amps. Power must be ordered at least one week in advance through Ed Decker, and you must bring at least a 50-foot extension cord to access it. If you have any questions regarding our power policy or wish to purchase power for this event, please contact Ed at (619) 261-5664.
13. INSURANCE: Vendors must provide proof of general liability insurance and add McFarlane Promotions, La Mesa Oktoberfest Inc., La Mesa Village Association, National Center for Community Enhancement, and the City of La Mesa as additionally insured – instructions are further down the application.
14. If the event is rescheduled, your fee will be honored at the rescheduled event.
15. McFarlane Promotions, Inc., the La Mesa Village Association and La Mesa Oktoberfest organizers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All articles are subject to search upon admission. Event producers reserve the right to use photos or graphic images taken at La Mesa Oktoberfest. No video cameras, alcohol, simulated weapons, illegal drugs, weapons, lawn chairs, hazardous substances, bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or pets will be allowed to be brought onto the premises. The holder assumes all risk or danger incidental to the attraction/event whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the attraction/event including the risk of cancellation. No exception. This event is rain or shine. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD VENDORS
1. All food Vendors must meet and follow all City of San Diego Health Department and Fire Department Guidelines.
2. Vendors must obtain a City of San Diego Health Permit (call 858.505.6690).
3. All food items must be stored inside the allotted space, covered and off the ground.
4. San Diego Health Department requires that vendors provide appropriate cleaning materials as well as a hand-washing setup. Running water is not provided on the grounds of the event.
5. Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item.
6. All food Vendors must observe all terms and conditions as listed elsewhere in this application.
Storm Water Policy
Only rain water is allowed in storm drains!
At no time is trash, debris, grease, ice, or any type of liquid to enter a storm drain. These drains are connected to the ocean, which means that any trash or liquid that goes down the storm drain automatically becomes pollution. It does not matter if it is “just water.” If it is not rain water, it is not allowed in the storm drain.
San Diego Municipal code 43.0301 makes it illegal to pollute storm drains. Vendors must dispose of all pollutants such as ice, trash, dirt, unfinished beverages and any other type of trash in the proper manner. Failure to comply with Storm Drain protection WILL result in forfeiture of deposit and/or citations by city officials.
I understand that the Governor of the State of California and the County of San Diego have placed restrictions on businesses and are requiring them to take certain precautions to prevent further transmission of COVID-19 infections. I: (a) represent, warrant, and certify that at no time during the 14 days preceding did I have any of the following symptoms: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; or diarrhea; (b) represent, warrant, and certify that at no time during the 14 days preceding have I been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19; (c) accept all responsibility for at all times properly using a face covering, maintaining 6 feet of distance from staff and patrons while I am on premises; (d) agree to do whatever is required by applicable Federal, state, and local regulations, including without limitation complying with all applicable travel restrictions and quarantine requirements; and (e) agree to strictly adhere to all signage posted anywhere on premises regarding COVID-19 infection prevention.
I, for myself, my heirs, and assigns, hereby waive any and any claims, demands, causes of action, or any claims for relief whatsoever against and release McFarlane Promotions, Inc., the La Mesa Village Association, the City of La Mesa, and La Mesa Oktoberfest organizers from all liability, claims, causes of action, demands, losses, and damages, now or in the future, related to my having or contracting COVID-19 or other illness arising out of or in connection with my attendance.
FULL REFUNDS ARE NOT OFFERED FOR THIS EVENT. In the event of a scheduling conflict, personal emergency, sickness, death, or other unforeseen circumstances, you may request a partial refund of your booth space. The deadline to receive a refund is as follows:
Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event. Cancellations will be accepted in writing only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline(s). All refund requests must be made by the attendee or credit card holder. Refund requests must include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number.
If the event is rescheduled, your fee will be honored at the rescheduled event.
DAMAGE/CLEANING DEPOSIT POLICY:
You must complete the DEPOSIT AUTHORIZATION FORM and email to email@example.com.
Click here to download the form.Your credit card will not be processed unless there is a claim during or after the event. McFarlane Promotions shall inspect your space to ensure it is undamaged, all rules have been met, all rentals have been properly returned, and has been cleaned to the satisfaction of McFarlane Promotions and La Mesa Oktoberfest.
Deposits may be withheld at the discretion of McFarlane Promotions and/or La Mesa Oktoberfest for, but not limited to, failure to show, late arrival, early departure, and any other violations of regulations set forth by the terms & conditions page.
SPECIFIC VENDOR FIRE CONDITIONS
The following conditions shall apply to La Mesa Oktoberfest without exception. Any changes must be made with the approval of the Fire Marshall or designee.
· All Food Booths that use cooking or any heating implements shall follow the booth diagrams (below) they provided.
· Barriers shall be provided by either the event or the vendor that will keep pedestrian traffic out of the designated open space and cooking space.
· Vendor equipment shall reside completely inside the Vendor's area and shall not be placed in any way as to impede pedestrian traffic.· All vendor activity must be conducted completely inside the Vendor's area and shall not impede pedestrian traffic.
· All Food Booths that use cooking or heating implements shall have the required certification for their canopy/tent on display at all times.
· All open flame or frying cooking and heating implements shall be placed outside the canopy/tent at all times while in use.
· Use of Portable BBQ’s PROHIBITED within 20 feet of any permanent structure or on any sidewalk. This includes but is not limited to the following areas; in front of/around businesses; under overhangs; on sidewalks; streets; next to buildings, walls; windows or exit doors.
· Food Vendors using cooking appliances such as: deep fat fryers, griddles, stoves, or similar shall provide a Class “K” rated fire extinguisher. This requirement applies to Kettle Corn vendors also.
· There shall be a 2A-10BC rated fire extinguisher located near the cooking appliance (BBQ) at all times during operation. An adult shall be in attendance of the BBQ while it is in operation and shall be knowledgeable in the use of portable fire extinguishers.
· All Compressed Gas tanks shall be secured with heavy rope or chain and be stored in a safe manner away from open flame.
· Charcoal BBQ’s and woks are PROHIBITED
· Smoking is prohibited at all times.
· All extension cords must be rated for OUTDOOR use.
FIRE MARSHAL BOOTH DIAGRAM
The Fire Marshal requires food vendors to provide a diagram for their booth setup. Click here to download the blank booth diagram form. Please complete the form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of completing registration.
IMPORTANT: The Diagram must be provided no less than one week after completing the form. Booths are not considered reserved until this diagram is provided and failure to do so within seven days could result in losing your space.
SANITATION & HYGIENE
· All vendor staff will be reminded to stay home if they are feeling sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
· All vendor staff will be screened at the start of shift.
· Vendors masks will be worn at all times in compliance with current mask regulations.
· Vendors to frequently clean all commonly touched surfaces.
· Vendors to provide my own hand sanitizer or a hand-washing option.
· All vendors and their employees to be trained on best hygiene practices including washing their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Vendors to try to pre-bag where I can in order to minimize contact and expedite shopping and transactions.
· Vendors to avoid touching reusable bags belonging to customers.
· Vendors to plan for lines and provide for appropriate 6ft spacing, with a max capacity at my booth.
· Vendors will not allow any sampling activities.
· Designated vendor staff should be accepting payment and handling produce/restock at tables. If this cannot be accomplished, then handwashing or use of a sanitizer should happen between each transaction.
You must provide proof of general liability insurance for $1,000,000 naming McFarlane Promotions, Inc., The La Mesa Village Association, and La Mesa Oktoberfest, Inc.
Insurance is due 2 weeks after submitting this form or 1 week before the event date, whichever comes first.
Listed below are the names and contact information of the entities that need to be additionally insured, with the 30 day insurance cancellation noted on certificate, for $1,000,000 for La Mesa Oktoberfest listing the dates October 1, October 2, and October 3, 2021. You must also include the endorsement policy and it must list the below organizations on it or reference the policy number on it.
All vendors are also required to have you have the ‘Worker’s Compensation Statutory Limits’ box checked (regardless of your coverage amount).
If you use a different insurance company for your workers compensation you are required to provide that coverage as well. You will not be able to set up a booth without this insurance.
Additional Insurance Naming:
La Mesa Village Association8374 Allison Ave Ste. BLa Mesa, CA 91942Phone: 619.784.6372
McFarlane Promotions, Inc.Laurel McFarlane656 Fifth Ave, Ste. BSan Diego, CA 92101Phone: 619-233-5008
La Mesa Oktoberfest, IncCEO Laurel McFarlane656 Fifth Ave, Ste. BSan Diego, CA 92101
National Center for Community Enhancement656 Fifth Ave, Ste. BSan Diego, CA 92101
ON A SEPARATE CERTIFICATE:
City of La Mesa8130 Allison AvenueLa Mesa, CA 91942
1) Such policy(ies) of insurance shall be endorsed so Permittee’s insurance shall be primary and no contribution shall be required of City and its elected officials, officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers. The coverage shall contain no special limitations on the scope of protection afforded to City and its elected officials, officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers. The Additional Insured endorsement for the City needs to list “the City, its elected officials. Officers, officials, employees, agents and volunteers”, not just “City of La Mesa”.
An endorsement must accompany each certificate. A blanket endorsement will not be accepted and the endorsement must either also state the name of the additionally insure entity or the same policy number as what is listed on the certificate.
All fees must be paid by credit card. For check payments, please email email@example.com
CREDIT CARD – A 3% processing fee will be included in all credit card charges. Please use the CC Authorization Form below. Please include all booth and license fees but NOT the $200 deposit (see Page 3 for deposit info).