UNITY Information Network (UNITY) is a computerized record-keeping system. Many social service agencies in Tampa/Hillsborough County, including, Metropolitan Ministries (“Agency”), use UNITY to collect information on clients they serve and the services they provide. The data collected can include name, SSN, date of birth, race, ethnicity, housing status, veteran status, contact information, disability, health insurance status, other personal information, and information about services needed or received.
Why is information about you collected in UNITY?
- To provide and/or coordinate services.
- To assess your needs, the needs of others in our community.
- To reduce duplication of information and decrease the number of wrong referrals you receive.
- To monitor whether your needs and the needs of others in our community were met.
- To decrease the time you spend trying to get services and make sure you get the services you need.
- To improve the quality of care for homeless individuals and families.
How will your information be used and disclosed?
To best serve your needs, social service agencies may need to exchange, share, and/or release information collected about you, and the purpose of this form is to ask your permission to share your information with them as needed.
Signing this form is optional; social service agencies may not refuse to serve you if you do not sign this consent/authorization. However, your consent and authorization is a critical component of our community’s ability to provide the most effective services and housing possible.
Your privacy is of ultimate importance, and your data is not shared lightly; the information contained in your UNITY record is considered confidential and privileged and cannot be exchanged, shared and/or released without your express and informed written consent, except where otherwise authorized by law.
Informed written consent occurs through signing this form.