Responsibilities: Kitchen Staff (K. Staff)
The most important role of every JP staffer is to be a Christian witness in word and deed. Secondly, it is to spend time with the campers, build relationships, and contribute to establishing and maintaining a Christian community. Unlike other staff roles, your role does not allow as much time to interact with the campers attending a JP week. However, your position is very unique in that you have the opportunity to serve those that are serving others in the community.
Specifically, you will be part of a three-person team that is responsible for preparing, serving, and cleaning up for approximately 75 campers and staff each day. You and the team are responsible for breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday, and breakfast on the last day - Saturday. You will be working with a lead Kitchen Staffer who has experience preparing and serving meals for large groups. JP Kitchen Staffers will be lodged with other JP staff.
You will also be responsible for assisting, as needed, with the purchase of supplies for the meals throughout the week. This means that several times a week you will need to shop at local grocery stores, Costco, etc. to secure the ingredients and supplies that your team will need for the week.
JP Kitchen Staff Requirements:
- Time commitment: 7 days for Summer Serve Weeks, 8 days for Family Camp
- JP Kitchen Staff must have completed 10th grade by the summer.
- Due to the needs associated with serving on kitchen staff having a car for 10th and 11th graders is not required.
- Anyone serving in this role in 12th grade or older it is required to have a car at camp.
- Stipend of $75.00 per week will be provided.