All fingerprinting services are offered in the:
Records Division of Police Headquarters, 100 Police Plaza (320 Federal Place on GPS).
Each fingerprint card costs $15. Payment can be in the form of:
cash, credit, debit, check, or cashier’s check.
All persons who are interested in having their fingerprints taken will need to abide by the following guidelines when arriving to the Greensboro Police Department:
- Bring a valid photo identification with you.
- There will only be one person allowed into the building at a time. Spouses, children or other persons accompanying you will not be allowed to enter the building with you.
- All persons will be required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering the building.
- If you arrive past your scheduled time, you will not be allowed in and you will have to reschedule your appointment.
- Please have all of the paperwork and identification you need with you upon entering the building. You will not be allowed to exit the building to retrieve it once your appointment time has begun.
- If you are sick, or you are displaying symptoms of being sick, you will be asked to come back at a later date.
- Hours for fingerprinting (please note: appointments are scheduled in 20 minute increments):
- Tuesdays from 8am-5pm
- Wednesdays from 1-5pm
- Thursdays from 8am-5pm
* Fingerprinting services are closed for city holidays.
Anyone who submits a form should be aware that in accordance with the North Carolina Public Records law, found in North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 132, their e-mail address is considered public record.