Cash Handling Policy
1. When completing customer’s orders, clearly state the amount due.
2. When receiving the cash, clearly state the amount that you have received as you count it, in a clear voice.
3. When placing the money into the till, place the notes on top of the slip in the drawer until the change has been given.
4. Clearly state the amount of change as you are handing it to the customer and ensure that the amount given matches the amount due.
5. Once the transaction is complete, you may place the notes underneath the slips.
6. Once finished handling cash, please ensure that your hands are washed thoroughly with warm soapy water and/or sanitized using alcohol hand rub, to ensure no germs are spread throughout the workplace.
- Keep the cash drawer closed except when receiving payment for the customer’s order.
- Junior staff members are not authorised to change money between registers, if you require change you must ask a senior staff member to do so.
- Senior staff members must handle customer inquiries regarding change.
- Senior staff members must be informed of any errors or required refunds immediately, in order to be handled correctly.
- We do not accept cheques, or offer cash out facilities.