Applications Close: Sunday 14 June, midnight
Notification: Late June
Project Development: July onwards
Public Feedback Event: TBC, Expected Sept 2020 - Dec 2020
Location: Performance Space - Perth Insitute of Conetmporary Arts (PICA)
KISS club is a performance event for ideas in development, featuring emerging and established artists across live and experimental arts practice. Created by Sydney based artist Karen Therese, KISS club has been presented by tactical media group pvi collective since 2010, evolving into a partnership with PICA in 2017.
In 2020 KISS club continues as a collaboration between PICA and pvi collective. Selected artists will present 10 minutes of a work in progress to an audience, providing a chance to trial new ideas and receive feedback in a generous and supportive environment.
PICA and pvi collective are excited to offer this opportunity now, amongst an interim period of live arts programming, and work with selected artists to develop new ideas.
KISS club celebrates work in progress, giving audiences a fresh insight into what is bubbling in the hearts and minds of Perth’s experimental performance makers, and the opportunity to help shape and support new work. A hit with audiences, this fast and furious performance night has SOLD OUT over the past 3 years.
We look forward to gathering again when it is safe to do so, and in the meantime APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
Who Should Apply:
WA emerging and established practitioners, groups or collectives from any live art form who are keen to test out a component of an idea or embryonic work in progress in front of a live audience. PICA encourages artists to think about ideas and projects that have relevance to its program with currency towards concept and art form development.
How does the public feedback event work?
Presented in PICA’s Performance Space, each artist presents up to 10 minute’s work during the event, one after the other. Time for audience feedback is allocated at the end of the evening, in small groups.
Artists will receive:
- A participation / Artists fee of $1,200 fee plus 9.5% super (per work/collective)
- Free access to PICA’s Performance Space for rehearsal
- Provocateur support from pvi collective – provided in the form of 3 online sessions during lockdown, followed by tech run and rehearsal session (5 in total)
- Creative feedback from PICA’s team prior to the event
- For the event, access to PICA’s house lighting, A/V and sound systems
- Technical support on the day of the event and a Venue Technician to operate during the event
- A copy of photo documentation taken at the event
- Anything else to test the work
Please read the KISS club FAQ info for further details, including the timeline amongst COVID-19.
Kiss club is the brainchild of Sydney performance maker Karen Therese in response to the need for artists to test out their emerging ideas to audiences in a supportive and critical environment.