HACEMOS Scholarship Foundation - Dallas Chapter
HACEMOS Dallas chapter is now accepting applications for the IME Becas / DFW HACEMOS Scholarship Program 2021.
Scholarship Description: HACEMOS Scholarship Program is designed to assist latinx students pursuing a postsecondary education*
Scholarship Award Amount: 2021-2022 recipients attending a two-year institution receive $1,000. Recipients attending a four-year institution receive $2,000. Awards are payable to the institution for the account of the student.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Student currenlty residing in North Texas counties listed below:
Dallas Counties - Collin, Dallas, Ellis, Hunt, Kaufman and Rockwall.
Fort Worth Counties - Denton, Hood, Irving, Johnson, Parker, Tarrant and Wise.
• Current high school seniors, high school graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduates (25 years of age or younger as of the application deadline)
• Plan to enroll in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four year college, or university located in the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, or any other U.S. territory for the 2021-2022 academic year.
• Enroll in at least 12 credit hours per semester in coursework leading to a degree.
• Have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
Open to DREAMers? There is no request for citizenship status.
Scholarship Deadline: July 31, 2021.
Awards: The recipient selection process includes the consideration of academic performance, financial need, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances.
The only mode of application will be web-based.
To apply visit:
For additional information, please contact:
email@example.com or Ventanilla@unt.edu
* This scholarship is prefered to be designated to Mexican National applicants, based on the nature of the seed funds provided by IME (Instituto de los Mexicanos en el Extranjero). Additional dollars fundraised by the local committee, may be allocated to students from other Latin American foreign countries.