MIDTOWN ANIMAL CLINIC POLICIES
Please read each of the following statements and sign on the next page,
then you're done!!
- I authorize Midtown Animal Clinic to release my contact information and/or my pet’s vaccine information to the Humane Society, government officials, or to any individual that has found my pet and would like to return my pet to me. In addition, I authorize Midtown Animal Clinic to release my pet’s medical records to any veterinary facility that may request those records, for any reason.
- I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic requires payment in full for any and all services at the time those services are rendered. In addition, I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic does NOT offer payment plans or in-house credit, but does accept Care Credit and Scratchpay.
- I recognize that in order to pay by check, I must provide a valid Driver’s License # or State ID #. In addition, I cannot pay by check for any amount over $500.00. I also recognize that if my check is returned - for any reason - a $50 fee will be added to the balance on my account, I will no longer be eligible to pay by check for future services, and if payment is not promptly made, my information may be provided to the Attorney General of Arizona for "theft of services."
- I recognize that if my account maintains an outstanding balance for 30 days or more, a 3% service charge (or $3.00, whichever is greater) will be added to the balance of my account each month until paid in full, and my account may be suspended until paid in full. I also agree to pay for the reasonable cost of collection in the event that collection efforts become necessary - including a $35 fee for each certified letter that is sent to me and any fee assessed by the collection agency on behalf of my account. I recognize that my account could be sent to collections at any time.
- I recognize that in the event my pet may require hospitalization, Midtown Animal Clinic does not offer or provide 24-hour supervision/care by either a technician or a veterinarian. If my pet requires emergency veterinary care or overnight supervision, the option of being referred to an appropriate facility will be made available to me.
- I hereby authorize the veterinarian to examine, prescribe for, or treat the pets described on the previous page, and I assume responsibility for all charges incurred in the care of my pets.
- I recognize that I may request an estimate for services at any time, and that all estimates expire 30 days after they are written. I also recognize that the final price for services may vary by as much as 30% from the estimate provided, and all prices are subject to change.
- I recognize that if I decline services, for any reason, Midtown Animal Clinic may request that I sign an “Against Medical Advice” form before releasing my pet to my care.
- I recognize that a $35 fee will be assessed for all walk-in appointments during business hours. I also recognize that a $20 fee will be assessed for any missed appointment, or if I am ten minutes or more late for my scheduled appointment. In addition, I recognize that if I am more than ten minutes late for my appointment, my appointment will be cancelled and I will be responsible for rescheduling my appointment. I also recognize that a $20 deposit will be required of all "new clients" when scheduling their initial appointment with Midtown Animal Clinic.
- I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic will neither prescribe nor refill heartworm prevention without proof of a current negative heartworm test, and that “current” is defined as “within the last twelve months.”
- I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic REQUIRES RABIES VACCINATIONS for all feline and canine patients, unless proof of a documented medical condition can be provided or a Rabies Titer is authorized (at the pet owner's expense). Only a veterinarian can waive this requirement. Anyone who refuses to adhere to this policy will be asked to seek veterinary care elsewhere.
- I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic is required by law to examine my pet prior to prescribing any medication or treatment. If the veterinarian authorizes refills of that prescription medication, those refills will no longer be available after the annual wellness exam expires. Annual wellness exams are only valid for twelve months. In addition, I recognize that “medical exams,” “surgical procedures,” and “technician appointments” do not qualify as an “annual wellness exam.”
- I recognize that Midtown Animal Clinic is not obligated to notify me when a vaccination, examination, or diagnostic test is due. Reminders are available, as a courtesy, via email or postcard. But it is my sole responsibility to keep up with these reminders, and I will not hold Midtown Animal Clinic liable if I forget or neglect my pet’s routine vaccinations, examinations, or diagnostic testing. I also recognize that it is my sole responsibility to notify Midtown Animal Clinic in the event my contact information changes, and that I may be asked to update this form annually.
- Finally, I recognize that both Coconino County and Yavapai County require licenses and proof of Rabies vaccinations for any and all dogs living in Coconino or Yavapai County. It is my responsibility to pursue licensing, and Midtown Animal Clinic will not be held liable if my dog is found to be without a license or Rabies vaccination tag.