Week 1 - June 9, 10, 11 (All Ages) - CLOSED
Girl Scouts of all ages and their families will learn about the history and traditions of our two residential camp properties in between practicing a quintessential campcraft skills. Girls will earn some steps towards the Outdoor category badge for their level.
*Theme*: Camp Traditions and Campcraft Skills
- Rancho & Barker Traditions
- Leave No Trace
- How to use a propane stove
- Trail Signs
- Three types of campfires
- Write to Our Camp Friends
Week 2 - June 16, 17, 18 (4th - 12th grade) - CLOSED
Juniors through Ambassadors will explore the sun, moon, and stars this week as they speak with an astronomer, express themselves through art, and connect with each other. Girls will earn some steps towards their Space Science badge.
*Theme*: Space & Storytelling
- Day & Nighttime Astronomy
- Different Types of Storytelling
- Astronomy vs Astrology
- Galaxy Slime
- The Moon
Week 3 - June 23, 24, 25 (K - 5th grade) - CLOSED
Daisies through Juniors will love this week learning about native New Mexican animals and drawing through character creation and comics! Girls will earn some steps towards their Outdoor Artist badge.
*Theme*: Animals & Drawing
- How to draw animals
- Comic Writing / Character Creation
- Camouflage for Animals / Face Painting
- Jobs Related to Animals
- Learn about Native NM Wild Animals
- Making animal treats
Week 4 - July 7, 8, 9 (K - 5th grade) - CLOSED
Daisies through Juniors will explore New Mexico specific wildflowers, trees, and what makes our sand shiny while learning how to keep our deserts, forests, and mountains healthy. Girls will earn steps towards their Eco badges.
*Theme*: Rocks, Trees, and Me
- Learning about Tree Rings and Forest Health
- NM Wildflowers
- NM Trees
- Basics of Geology, NM Gems & Minerals
- Edible Plants & Foraging
Week 5 - July 14, 15, 16 (4th - 12th grade) - CLOSED
Juniors through Ambassadors will join together this week to learn about what sustainability is and how they can make a (positive) impact through photography and activist art. Girls will complete steps towards their Eco badges.
*Theme*: Sustainability & Photography
- Evolution of Photography
- What is Sustainability?
- Call to Action! How YOU can make a difference
- Become a Pro Photographer with your Phone
- The Four R's
- Pin Hole Cameras & the Science Behind Developing Film
Week 6 - July 21, 22, 23 (All Ages)
Girls of all ages and their families will learn about what defines a high adventure activity, explore in depth some that are offered through Girl Scouts throughout the year, and practice survival skills. Girls will complete some steps towards their High Adventure badges.
*Theme*: High Adventure, What Is It?
- What IS high adventure?
- Ropes Course Design
- Expert Talk: Trail Running or Backpacking
- Orienteering & Map Reading
- Emergency Preparedness
- Essential Gear: from backyard camping to backcountry trekking