This year marks the beginning of many exciting changes in my office in my effort to improve service and quality of care for you so that you can regain and maintain your health as quickly, efficiently, and inexpensively as possible.
I have a purpose – and that purpose is to get sick people well and to prevent the well from getting sick. I also have a personal, professional, and ethical responsibility to care for your health to the best of my ability. Missed appointments and failure to comply with recommended treatment schedules and/or procedures prevent me from achieving my goal of optimum health for you.
If you cannot keep your appointments and adhere to my treatment recommendations, I will not be able to continue treating you in good conscience.
Therefore, the following policies must be agreed upon:
1. No-shows are not acceptable. Failure to make an appointment not only compromises your health but inconveniences other patients who may have requested an office visit during your scheduled appointment. If you cannot make an appointment (except in the case of an emergency) you are expected to call within 48 hours of your appointment to reschedule. There is a $100.00 fee for all no-show appointments and this fee is not covered by insurance.
2. Timeliness is required. We will see you on time and get you out on time unless there is an emergency. We request that you be on time for your visits. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may have to reschedule your appointment.
3. Cleanliness and infection control are of the utmost importance. We have the latest sterilization technology and disinfect each treatment room after every patient. This is another important reason we demand timeliness of you and ourselves. Toothbrushes with paste are available, if desired, in our restroom prior to being seated.
4. If you miss an appointment you must make it up. It is critical to your health to do so to avoid setbacks in the care and maintenance of your teeth and gums.
5. Insurance: Treatment recommendations are based on your health not on your insurance or lack thereof. If you have insurance it is your responsibility to be aware of what your benefits are. Remember insurance companies are not concerned about your health or well being – we are. We will provide you with an estimate of benefits; however you are fully responsible for any treatment performed. Your benefits are a contract between you and your insurance company. We cannot be responsible for what your insurance will or will not cover.
6. We run a Zero Balance office. We expect payment in full prior to treatment, at the time the appointment is scheduled. We have several financial options available for all of our patients. Please speak to one of our team members if you have any questions.