Marketing & Communication and Student Life welcome submissions of news and information to help keep the RU community informed. Our offices rely heavily on the participation and submission by the campus community. Please share stories, alerts, announcements, news and events via this form.
In order for your submission to be included in the Weekly Warrior, it MUST be submitted by the previous Thursday at 5 PM.
- Provide a concise, skimmable, meaningful title for your submission.
- For your content, consider the audience. What are the basics? (Who, what, when, where, why and perhaps, how to register.)
- Include links for registration or additional information, or supply contact name, phone or email.
- Submit a photo or artwork to make the submission more interesting and appealing. If you are submitting a graphic please also provide the original image/photo.
- If submitting a faculty/staff note, make sure the title is correct, and include the academic unit or department. Published news articles for RU use AP style, so use faculty titles (Prof., Associate Prof., Assistant Prof.), not “Dr. so-and-so.”
For Weekly Warrior or any RU enewsletter: Please provide a minimum of two horizontal photos and identify individuals pictured in the photos with their full names (unless it is a group photo). The photos should not be graphics where you have placed the written information on top of the photo. Photos from a smartphone will be fine for most purposes. You also may find RU-related photos at photos.rochesteru.edu or generic-type copyright-free photos at unsplash.com.
You can also provide a graphic, which might be used for social media purposes.
When determining what information to include, please include the 5ws and h (not every announcement will have all of these but please think through the list): who, what, when, where, why, and how.
When submitting dates, please include the day of the week along with the date and time.
RU MarCom working with Student Life will decide if the submission has the potential for the RochesterU.edu website, internal MyRochesterU site, social media placement or feature possibility.