WAIVER & RELEASE
I understand that the handling of animals and other Foster activities on behalf of Nassau Humane Society (NHS) may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. I release NHS and all of its employees, agents, and board members, from liability of any nature, whether or not the basis of such liability is presently known to either party. It is understood by the parties to this agreement that I/we will not bring suit or any claims against NHS its employees, agents, board members, or pet owners. This agreement shall be binding on all parties, their heirs, and assigns.
Understanding public relations is an important part of a Foster Parent’s activities on behalf of NHS. I hereby authorize NHS to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relations purpose. I ask that NHS use reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relations purpose.
I hereby agree to accept a position as a foster parent for NHS, and in so doing, I agree to comply with all of the rules and I understand that failure to do so may result in my immediate termination as a foster parent.
FOSTER CARE AGREEMENT
1. I agree that the animal(s) I care for legally belongs to Nassau Humane Society (NHS)
2. I agree to return the animal(s) to NHS if the shelter requests or if I am no longer able to care for the animal.
3. I will notify NHS in the event that a change occurs in my address, telephone number, or the health of the animal.
4. I understand and acknowledge that I do not have any right or authority to keep the foster animal(s) or place foster animal(s) with other individuals unless permission is given by NHS Shelter Director.
5. I agree to bring the animal(s) into the shelter at prearranged intervals for health checks and periodic vaccinations and/or de-wormings.
6. I will not allow the animal(s) to run at large.
7. I agree to keep the cat(s) indoors at all times.
8. I agree to keep the dog(s) indoors at all times, unless supervised outdoors.
9. I understand that the animal(s) I am fostering might not be altered for medical purposes. I agree to maintain an awareness of that and act responsibly and take the necessary precautions surrounding this with the animal.
10. I understand that once the animal is considered available for adoption I may apply prior to NHS accepting outside adoption applications; after that time I may lose the opportunity to adopt the animal.
11. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold NHS harmless from any direct or remote and consequential damages which may result from this foster care arrangement.
12. I understand that I will not be paid or otherwise compensated for volunteer services rendered NHS.
13. I acknowledge and understand that I am not an employee of NHS and will not receive Worker’s compensation, Social Security, health benefits, or disability benefits.
By typing my name below and submitting this application, I hereby confirm I have read the above information and I accept a position as a Foster Parent for Nassau Humane Society, upon the above terms, conditions, and understandings: