Salt Lake County Aging & Adult Services invites all seniors to participate in the 2020 Silver Pen Writing Contest by writing and submitting your own essay or poem on the theme:
• A turning point in my life was when…
• Once, when no one was looking I…
• Or, write a personal story of your choice
• Author must be 60+ years old.
• Work must be original, unpublished and created during 2020.
• All entries must less than 500 words. If poetry, entries must be 36 lines or fewer.
• Exceeding the maximum length in either category will result in disqualification.
• Writers may submit one entry per person.
• Start with a story or feeling and support it with personal experience and reflection.
• Show, rather than tell.
• Write about what moves you. Include specific sensory details (imagery).
ENTRY SUBMISSION via this ONLINE form. No paper entries will be accepted**
ENTRY DEADLINE: All entries must be received by September 2, 2020 before 11:59 p.m.