It is the responsibility of the client to provide proof of vaccination history for EACH animal boarded at HALO (Helping Animals Lost and Orphaned). Animals whose shots are not up to date will not be allowed boarded. To ensure the protection of all pets under our care, the following vaccinations must be UP TO FIVE (5) DAY PRIOR to boarding.
Rabies, *Bordetella, Distemper, DHLPP (6-month vaccination)
*Client understands even if your pet is vaccinated against Kennel Cough (Bordetella), there is a chance that your pet could contract the illness.
I understand during my pet’s stay (if healthy and active) he/she will spend time outdoors during spring, summer, and fall months. There will be time spent in baby pools (if they chose), and your dog will get dirty and muddy. I understand HALO is a farm and farmland surrounds the yard and field. Well water is used to fill the baby pool. I understand HALO cannot prevent my pet from drinking the pool water or the puddles. I understand my dog will go home tired and if he/she is intolerant of well water there could be slight digestive issues. I agree to have my pet bathed before pick up.
Disclaimers and Additional Provisions Relating to Day Care and Group Play:
HALO is happy to offer the opportunity for your dog to use the facilities and participate in group play. HALO offers an indoor paly area where all dogs are under supervision by one of our staff. Group play is an important part of your dog’s ability to socialize and obtain exercise to maintain a healthy heart and weight. In order for us to offer these valuable services, we have developed the following set of provisions and disclaimers, which you must carefully review and agree to prior to allowing your pet to participate in group play and/or day care activities at HALO.
1. Group play is for happy, healthy dogs that are neutered and spayed. Play groups is not recommended for dogs that have medical conditions such as diabetes, seizures, heart murmurs, and other medical conditions that may be aggravated by excitement or rough play. HALO assumes no responsibility for the aggravation of these medical conditions.
2. Group play is not for dogs that have temperament problems such as aggression or extreme shyness with either dogs or people. If your dog is found to exhibit these behaviors they will be removed front he playgroup and you will receive a note with an explanation as to why your dogs was removed. HALO has a “no tolerance” policy. The daily fee will not be refunded for this day of day care.
3. Standard precautions will be used against the injury, escape, or death of your pet. The staff or veterinary clinic (if agreed) will not be held responsible for injuries occurred, provided standard care and precautions have been followed as determined at the sole discretion of HALO. In no event shall HALO be liable for illness that arise during or after your pet’s stay at the facility.
4. Client understand and agrees the owner is solely responsible for any harm caused by their pet while boarded at HALO. Further, client understand and agrees that in admitting their pet to HALO all health February 2020 and behavior problems have been fully disclosed to the best of the owner’s knowledge.
5. HALO reserves the right to refuse to accept a pet if at check-in it appears your pet is ill or its behavior could jeopardize the health or safety of other pets or staff.
6. Client agrees and understands there are inherent risks of illness or injury when dealing with animals and humans in a group situation. Such risks include, but not limited to, problems associated with rough play, bite wounds, scratches, kennel cough or other illnesses, and death. Client understands and agrees under no circumstances shall HALO be responsible for illness or injury to pets.
7. Owner fully understands that any health or behavior problems that develop during their stay at HALO will be handled and treated as deemed appropriate by the employees at HALO and owner agrees to assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses arising or relating thereto, subject to the stipulations set forth in the Medical / Illness policy above.
8. A late fee of $2.00 will be incurred for pickups outside of the scheduled time. If late pick up becomes a common occurrence, HALO has the right to raise fees at own discretion.
9. All charges incurred by the Owner under this agreement shall be due and payable in full upon pick up of the pet. Owner agrees that the pet shall not leave HALO until such time as all charges incurred by the Owner have been paid in full to HALO.
10. This contract is subject to the provisions of Ohio Code 959.01 (Abandonment of Animals), which reads: No owner or keeper of a dog, cat, or other domestic animal, shall abandon such animal.
11. This contract contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this contract shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of Owner and HALO.
12. If any legal action is brought to enforce the provisions of this contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees. These fees, which may be set by the court in the same action or in a different action brought for that purpose, are in addition to any other relief to which the prevailing party may be entitled. Owner agrees that venue for any action or proceeding filed under this contract shall be in Xenia, Ohio.
13. Owner understands and agrees that in the event that any portion of this agreement shall be found void or unenforceable for any reason all other portions of the agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Should it occur that you must cancel your booking, please do so as soon as possible. Cancellations and no- shows that take place within 24 hours of drop off date will be charged a non – refundable daily rate