What to Expect:
• Depending on the area of your face or body being treated and the type of device
used (i.e. needle length), the procedure is well-tolerated and in some cases
virtually painless, feeling only a mild prickling sensation.
• Your provider will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin prior to treatment to
reduce any pain and discomfort.
• Your skin will be pink or red in appearance, much like a sunburn, for a couple of
hours following treatment.
• Minor bleeding and bruising is possible depending on the length of the needle
used and the number of times it is pressed across the treatment area.
• Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy for a short while. This should subside in
• Side effects or risks are minimal with this type of treatment and typically include
minor flaking or dryness of the skin with scab formation in rare cases.
• Milia (small white bumps) may form; these can be removed by the provider.
• Hyper-pigmentation (darkening of certain areas of the skin) can occur very rarely
and usually resolves after a month.
• If you have a history of cold sores, this procedure may cause flare ups.
• Temporary redness and mild-sunburn effects may last up to 4 days.
• Freckles may temporarily lighten or permanently disappear in treated areas.
• Other potential risks include: crusting, itching, discomfort, bruising, infection,
swelling, and failure to achieve the desired result. Permanent scarring (less than
1%) is extremely rare.
The benefits and risks of the procedure have been explained to me, and I accept these benefits and risks. The nature of my medical or cosmetic condition has been explained to my satisfaction as have been any substantial or significant risks of harm. I am also aware of and accept the risk of rare and unforeseen complications which may not have been discussed and which may result from this treatment.