Please read and understand the following topics regarding the welfare of your pet while he/she is admitted into our care today:
1. I am over the age of 18 and am the owner or appointed liaison fo the patient indicated above.
2. I understand that if the above named pet has fleas a medication will be given at an additional charge.
3. I understand that in order for a procedure requiring anesthesia or sedation to be performed safely an intravenous catheter will be placed in my pet using aseptic technique to ensure reliable venous access for the purposes of pain management, sedation, antibiotic therapy, fluid support and possible emergency intervention.
4. I accept that an initial medical treatment plan will be reviewed with me by a veterinary technician where the medical and financial aspects of this anticipated treatment plan will be agreed upon prior to admission of my pet into the hospital for the above indicated procedure.
5. I agree to pay, in full, for services rendered while my pet is hospitalized prior to him/her being discharged. This includes any fees related to services deemed necessary for my pet in the occurence of a medical/surgical emergency or change in medical thrapy plan due to unforeseen circumstance.
6. If an emergency situation may occur and I am unreachable immediatley at either of the above listed contact phone numbers I authorize the attending veterinarian to proceed with medical care under their judgment and my CPR directive below.
7. I acknowledge that no gurantees can be made regarding medical diagnosis, intervention, therapy and recovery plans pertaining to my pet except that reasonable precautions against, injury, escape, illness and death will be taken while hospitalized.
8. I understand that my pet's true dental health condition can only be revealed during this anesthetic procedure through the aide of a conprehensive oral exam and completion of full mouth dental radiographs. Once the full assessment has been done, the attending veterinarian may need to perform oral surgery to treat and/or correct any oral health deficits including, but not limited to tooth extractions, growth removals, etc., that will directly benefit the health and comfortable dentition of my pet. The attending veterinarian is hereby authorized to perform such necessary medical therapies discussed in the medical treatment plan or other wise.
9. I understand that there are risks associated with any procedure that requires anesthesia or sedation and I have spoken to the veterinarian regarding my concerns related to those risks that include, but are not limited to injury, illness and death. I accept the risks associated with my decision to have the above indicated procedure performed on my pet. I do not hold Sacajawea Healthcare for Pets, its doctors, staff or associated entities responsible for any unforseen outcome related the procedure being performed on my pet today.